Texas/new York Anniversary Cake....again

Decorating By GinaJuarez Updated 5 Jul 2005 , 6:24pm by GinaJuarez

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 3

First of all, thank you to all who gave ideas for the anniversary cake in my previous post. Still not sure exactly how to decorate, but I'm getting there!! Anywho..I found these pretty serving trays things, that I think would go good with the cake. Picture in link below:

http://www.abcdistributing.com/store/0705F1/64.cfm?q=cake&prevIndex=0&nextIndex=2&t=8&cart=

I was thinking a 12 inch cake on a platter on the table, 3-8in cakes on 9inch plates the serving trays, a 6in on the very top 8in cake, then the topper. My question is, will it look strange having all the same size cakes on the 3 tiers? ON any other suggestions. I would really like to use these trays, or something similar as I am not too confortable with the stacking or tiering process yet. Would really hate for my cake to topple!! icon_cry.gif Thank you in advance!!

2 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 3

i dont know how it would look but what about making round and square so you have a variety of shapes?? One tier can be round the next square and then maybe round again or maybe even a heart or something. Sorry im not much help but i hav never used a stand like that.

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 3

Also, I was wondering if the cake plates overlapped the serving trays, would that look tacky?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%