Imbc Vs. Buttercream

Baking By mamatina Updated 1 Aug 2007 , 10:37pm by homemaluhia

mamatina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamatina Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:57am
post #1 of 4

Okay, I have done alot of reading on this site. In your opinion I have gathered that IMBC smoothes much better and tastes better. But I am making it for a baby shower and is the IMBCnstable enought to sit out and have fondant accents on it? If I do put it in the fridge what will happen to the fondant accents?

I need something that can either sit out overnight until the next day until served or something that can go in the fridge and pulled out 1-2 hours before serving? I think I have read to much and its confused me???

HELP!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

3 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:47am
post #2 of 4

I use IMBC for nearly every cake. I have used fondant diamonds, stripes and circles on the sides, edges and tops, refrigerated over night and up till delivery, then had the cakes sit out at room temperature for at least 4 hours, they held up perfectly, the fondant didn't slide or sweat as it came to room temp. and was soft enough to eat after sitting out for one hour.
Here is a rather wild wedding cake with IMBC and lots of fondant designs, sat at room temperature but with air conditioning for 6 hours last September when it was hot as Hades here and it held up beautifully.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=69314

mamatina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamatina Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Shirley. I see you live south of me. I live in petaluma!!! If I haven't worked with IMBC before, what are some good tips to use? I think I will have to practice before hand. thanks for the help.

homemaluhia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homemaluhia Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 4

I use IMBC or Mouselline BC most of the time and my recipe says that it can stay out overnight with no problems.

I've also put chocolate pieces on the sides of the cake and they haven't fallen off.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%