How To Get A Sage Green Color?

Decorating By madicakes Updated 25 Sep 2006 , 11:55pm by madicakes

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 13

What color gel would you recommend I use to get sage green?
Thanks!
Hope

12 replies
peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 13

Maybe start with Wilton's Juniper or Willow and lighten or darken as needed?

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 13

I think the Americolor avacodo looks pretty close but you can pm ColorBoy (the Americolor rep) and he'll be able to give you a definative answer.

Brendansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendansmum Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 13

I second the Wilton Juniper, I used it on my shamrock bridal shower cake. Looks like sage to me! I think Wilton sells it in a set with three other colors. Buttercup Yellow, Delphinium Blue and Rose I believe.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 13

ok I learned this through trial and error but if you look at my puppy shower cake I think that is kind of sage green...anyway it started out pink and I decided the cake had too much pink so I added leaf green to the pink a bit at a time until I got the color green I was looking for........

Wilton Juniper is also pretty sage, but if you dont have that, try mixing a bit of red (ie pink) with some leaf green.

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 13

I used Wilton Juniper and a touch of Wilton Moss green for my sage colored Dogwood cake.

mkerton Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 9:53pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsoutherngirl

I used Wilton Juniper and a touch of Wilton Moss green for my sage colored Dogwood cake.

That cake you referred to was just stunning! While I was checking out your cakes I noticed I have one or two of your cakes in my favorites. I do think your sage was more sage than mine.

dsoutherngirl Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 10:21pm
post #8 of 13

Thank you, mkerton!

I don't know..it still wasn't as "sage" as I wanted but I do think the moss helped a bit.

dsoutherngirl Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 13

mkerton..speaking of that..I love, love love your pink cake with the ganache. I added it to my favorites last week. The contrast of colors is sooo pretty. thumbs_up.gif

mkerton Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 10:26pm
post #10 of 13

thank you....its one of my favorite color combos right now...thinking of doing a baby blue and ganache cake at some point...saw the combo of colors on HGTV on a couch lol!

dsoutherngirl Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 11:45pm
post #11 of 13

Ha! Sounds good! I do that too. I even saw a candle the other day and thought hmm..that would make a good cake, I think. icon_lol.gif

As a matter of fact, your dark ganache would go great with mint green and pale yellow and peach...Hey..get to work and show us the pics!!!! icon_twisted.gif

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 11:53pm
post #12 of 13

I agree that the Americolor Avocado will do the trick. You can use the Wilton Willow (a bit at a time until you get the color you desire) or you can use the leaf green and a bit of brown.

Hope this helps!

Jenn

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 11:55pm
post #13 of 13

Thank you everyone! Great suggestions. I'll try each of them on some practice icing and see which gives me the color I want. thanks bunches icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%