I Love My Mil...who Else Can Say That??

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 5 Aug 2007 , 12:06am by lu9129

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:08pm
post #31 of 43

Wow! What a great birthday gift! I love my MIL, too. She's awesome - a perfect combination of "second mom" and friend. They live about 3 hours away, and a lot of times we'll get together just to hang out. This weekend I'm going on a "girl's trip" with my best friend, and my MIL is driving down to stay with our kids since my husband has to work. We chat on the phone all the time and have a great time whenever we get together. I am so lucky!!! My husband gets along equally great with my family - we are truly blessed!

Bec

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:09pm
post #32 of 43

icon_surprised.gif Holy cow!!! How sweet of her ~ she's a keeper for sure icon_biggrin.gif

rhiannon1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhiannon1979 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:14pm
post #33 of 43

Happy Birthday! I also have a wonderful MIL. I often tell my husband that his mother loves me more than him. My birthday was last Wedneday and all I have really been wanting was a KA. I have been asking my husband since Mother's day to get it for me, but he just doesn't understand why I need that when my hand held mixer works just fine. Men just don't understand. Well my MIL called up my husband a few days before my
b-day and told him that he better get me that mixer because that is what I really wanted. It is now sitting in my kitchen. Without her I would have never gotten it. She gave me a beautiful necklace.

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:22pm
post #34 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorendabug

Lucky you! Happy birthday!

Thank you Thank you!

My other birthday gift was 2 KA mixers...

We all know the story on those...

This was a light on a cludy day!!

I'm right here with ya girlie! My MIL is the best -sooooo loving and kind. I have a credit card of hers in my wallet. She wanted me to have it for whatever. So whenever she wants to buy me or us something she says "oh you just put that on my card" If that isn't trust I don't know what is!! She just bought me my first new KA -should be here by Friday!
Happy Birthday to you by the way icon_smile.gif

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:24pm
post #35 of 43

When I married my hubby his parents & mine didn't want him to marry me. Funny huh? I was married before @ 17 due to getting pg. ANyway...
If something went wrong in my marriage to my hubby I just let everyone think the problem was me. Until we moved next door to my in-laws. My MIL & I became best friends. In October 200 she died of a massive heart attack. Whe she was having the heart attack she told my FIL to call me over to pray with her. I prayed for God to leave her with me, because it would hurt to bad to leave her. She shook her head no @ me, so I prayed for God's will to be done. She then took her last breath. I know a sad story on a happy thread.
My MIL pushed for me to take classes to decorate cakes, I only baked stuff then. So in 2001 I took the courses. I know she's in heaven looking down & smiling.
MIL's often feel threatened by the "new womwn" in their son's life. They are afraid the wife will prevent them from seeing theri boy. Ladies be patient I know how hard it is.

Congrats on your new toys & Happy belated B-day. Send your MIL lots of goodies that you make with your toys.

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:18pm
post #36 of 43

I am blessed with the greatest mother in law and really an entire extended wonderful in law family. They are all just the best.

It was my mother in law who got me started on decorating, I watched her and said I would love to learn that, so that year she gave me a gift cert. for the Wilton class 1. Took it and of course all of the others that followed and she has been teaching me little tricks that you dont learn in class, I love working along side her.

Outside of decorating she is just as wonderful!!!!!!!

ljudd1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljudd1969 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:41pm
post #37 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMae

Congrats and Happy Birthday.

I can relate with you. I have the best inlaws in the world. They are like 2nd parents to me. In fact, they will not call me daughter in law. They always refer to me as their daughter in love. How cute eh? Lucky me

That is so sweet. I have really great in-laws as well. I don't know how I got so lucky either. My MIL & FIL are both wonderful to me. I was really afraid at 1st because I married the baby of the family (the youngest of 9!) and figured I was in for a nightmare but they've been a dream! When they come to visit they show up w/boxes loaded w/groceries, baked goodies, toys for the boys, and just stuff they know we like. I can't get my MIL to sit still while she's here either. She loves to cook & clean so she really helps me out around the house AND....she always encourages us to go out so they can spend time w/the kids and we can have some alone time!!!!!!

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 6:31pm
post #38 of 43

Wow. She sure is great.

I had a cake tasting last week, my first. I almost never procrastinate but I had a death in the family and waited until the last minute to bake. I called and asked her if she minded baking some cupcakes for me since she doesn't work and lives close and likes to cook. I felt terribly guilty but I knew she's always looking for free food since she feeds an elderly neighbor for free. I figured I'd make 5 different types of cupcakes and only serve 4 of each to my bride and the rest she could keep. She baked them all and had them on my counter when I got home from work. All I had to do was whip up some frosting and light the candles.

It's so great to have those MIL's that we can brag on and be thankful for. I dated a guy for a long time that had one of those other kinds (hint: icon_evil.gif ) I'm so fortunate this time around. I would often joke with my family if the ex had proposed I'd have to decline because I couldnt marry that family. Gosh, we sure got out lucky.

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 12:53am
post #39 of 43

I LOVE my MIL ! She is supportive of me as her DIL, the mother of her grandchildren and a woman. She gives me wonderful advice, makes me feel loved & welcomed. I have gone to my MIL's home and stayed WITHOUT my husband and enjoyed every minute! She has my name for xmas this year and has already asked me for my wish list. When she comes to visit, I give her free reign of my home because she likes to cook, clean & see to the kids--she tells me what to do during that time and I GLADLY comply. She is a wonderful lady and I love her dearly

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 1:06am
post #40 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongemomsweatpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooten173

Ok I am so jealous. My MIL gave us a used iron for a wedding present... the gifts get worse from there. You wanna share her with me?! My list is a lot smaller than yours. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif Please please tell your kidding

I'm dead serious! I'll say no more tapedshut.gif

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 11:53pm
post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by apclassicwed

I LOVE my MIL ! She is supportive of me as her DIL, the mother of her grandchildren and a woman. She gives me wonderful advice, makes me feel loved & welcomed. I have gone to my MIL's home and stayed WITHOUT my husband and enjoyed every minute! She has my name for xmas this year and has already asked me for my wish list. When she comes to visit, I give her free reign of my home because she likes to cook, clean & see to the kids--she tells me what to do during that time and I GLADLY comply. She is a wonderful lady and I love her dearly

I honestly hope and pray that I will get a DIL that I can be close with and enjoy spending time with. You're very lucky!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 12:04am
post #42 of 43

My MIL is great too! She'd do something like that lmao.. She's more of the type that would say "come get me, let's go to the store" and then get in the car (she doesn't drive) and tell me to take her to my favorite cake supply store and she'd probably buy everything and anything I even glanced at lol. WOW! gotta say I LOVE your list! lol Can I borrow her in January???? lmao

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 12:06am
post #43 of 43

I lost mine a few years back, but I truely loved her.
I miss her alot.

Lu

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%