I Love My Mil...who Else Can Say That??

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 5 Aug 2007 , 12:06am by lu9129

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 43

So my DH was talking to his mom today who called and "secretly" asked what I wanted for my birthday (which was last Wed), as she was in Alaska for the last month.

He hangs up and asks me "so what do you want my mom to get?" .

So I pull up a few things and show him..."I'd like any one of these", "or maybe a few of these", "just tell her to get whatever she'd like to get".

So I get this email today from her:

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 3:26 PM
To: Brad Gates
Subject: FW: Order Process

This is what I ordered for Darby Birthday...........
icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

I liked the cookie cutters.........

Love,
Mom

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 3:24 PM
To: Gates, Regina - Foothill Oaks
Subject: Order Process

Into The Oven
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: x x x
Date Ordered: Monday 30 July, 2007

My Billing Information on my credit card is for my P.O. Box x x x . I want this shipped to my daughter at:
Darby Gates x x x
Products
1 x 10" x 10" x 3" Square Cake Pan by Magic Line (MLPSQ-10103) = $22.49
1 x 10" x 15" x 3" Sheet Cake Pan by Magic Line (MLPOB-10153) = $22.49
1 x 9" x 13" x 3" Sheet Cake Pan by Magic Line (MLPOB-9133) = $21.49
1 x 12" x 18" x 3" Sheet Cake Pan by Magic Line (MLPOB-12183) = $27.24
1 x 14" x 14" x 3" Square Cake Pan by Magic Line (MLPSQ-14143) = $29.79
1 x 8" x 8" x 3" Square Cake Pan by Magic Line (MLPSQ-883) = $18.95
1 x 12" x 12" x 3" Square Cake Pan by Magic Line (MLPSQ-12123) = $25.95
1 x 6" x 6" x 3" Square Cake Pan by Magic Line (MLPSQ-663) = $15.79
1 x 4-1/2" Flying Dove Cookie Cutter (CK54-42504) = $0.74
1 x 5" Dolphin Cookie Cutter (CK54-42615) = $0.74
1 x 5" Canadian Goose Cookie Cutter (CK54-40515) = $0.74
1 x 4" Cow Cookie Cutter (CK54-40614) = $0.74
1 x 6" Texas Longhorn Steer Cookie Cutter (CK54-63506) = $0.74
1 x 4" Buffalo Bison Cookie Cutter (CK54-42314) = $0.74
1 x 4" Pig Cookie Cutter (CK54-40623) = $0.74
1 x 4" Horse Cookie Cutter (CK54-40604) = $0.74
1 x Chick Cookie Cutter - 3 X 2-1/2 (CK54-16023) = $0.74
1 x Sitting Bunny Rabbit Cookie Cutter (CK54-15103) = $0.74
1 x 4" Rooster Cookie Cutter (CK54-40654) = $0.74
United Parcel Service (1 x 16.555lbs) (Ground): $14.62
Sub-Total: $192.33
Total: $206.95

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

I LOVE my MIL!!!!

Thanks MOM!!!!

(I wonder if I need to be worried about not getting this package either...LOL *see UPS thread...ugh)

42 replies
thedessertdiva Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 43

Ok...so my email didnt include all the ads for the luster dust...LOLOLOLOLOL

How funny!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 43

HOLY CRAP A MOLY!! Wow can I borrow your mother-in-law for my birthday? I love mine though-alot. Yours must be loaded!!!

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 43

I love my MIL too! I've always told dh that if we get a divorce I get his mom and he gets mine!! I'm guaranteed to never get a divorce icon_lol.gif

Barb

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 43

Your DH must be great if he has a Mom like that!!!!! You lucky thing!!!! Enjoy your cake toys when they arrive..we'll expect some pics of course!!!!

nmrunyon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmrunyon Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:45pm
post #6 of 43

Must be nice...My MIL is like a demon spon!!!! Just had an incounter with her today and makes me shutter icon_evil.gif Bask in the glory if you get along with your MIL lol.

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 43

OMG!!! I thought my MIL was nice, but your's has gone above and beyond! Bless her heart... that truly was a nice, nice, nice gift to give!

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:52pm
post #8 of 43

Lucky you! Happy birthday!

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:59pm
post #9 of 43

Awwe how cool is thatwhat a good lady!
Oooohhh I can I can I can!!!

My mother in law is a cleaning lunatic. We are talking full on OCD here. When she cleans it makes her truly happy. She does NOT mess around she moves furniture takes things off the walls and scrubs them down. I watched her clean out my shower once and no word of a lie that woman scrubbed my tub three times, then wiped it down with a fresh wet rag three times, then rinsed. I can assure my bathrooms are not nearly dirty enough for her to go through all of that. Every time she comes to stay with us my house gets completely cleaned from top to bottom and it does not matter how much I clean before she gets here. Believe me Ive tried a few times I would super duper clean my house in the hopes that she would just come and relax, nothing doing. She even does all our laundry, wash dry, iron, fold and put away!! God Love her!! When I told her that once the shop gets moved in I will have to hire an housekeeper she said verbatim NO! NO! I come for two days a week, I clean your house and do your laundry, you keep your money. (English is her 2nd language). It used to really bother me because I thought she thought I was incompetent until I realized that no one and I mean NO ONE could ever clean their house so it would be good enough for her. So I gave in and gave her free reign. She tells me her friends and sisters cant believe that I let her have her way with my house. I told her why not!!?? It always ends up better than it was before, besides mom everyone knows its your house, we just live here and pay the bills lol
Any guesses who will be coming to stay a few days before the health inspector comes?

thedessertdiva Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:11am
post #10 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorendabug

Lucky you! Happy birthday!

Thank you Thank you!

My other birthday gift was 2 KA mixers...

We all know the story on those...

This was a light on a cludy day!!

bakenboi29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakenboi29 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:11am
post #11 of 43

icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif Wow. Your MIL did that. Congratulations. I know you nearly fell over backwards when you got that email. icon_lol.gif It's good to see someone who has a good MIL like you with all the horror stories I hear. Happy Birthday Btw.

brwntab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brwntab Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:13am
post #12 of 43

Your MIL sounds as wonderful as mines, but never got that much stuff before icon_surprised.gif ...Enjoy and happy birthday! icon_biggrin.gif

ljudd1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljudd1969 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:16am
post #13 of 43

Well happy birthday to you!!!!!!! Just pray that UPS is a little more competent this time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaranoel

I love my MIL too! I've always told dh that if we get a divorce I get his mom and he gets mine!! I'm guaranteed to never get a divorce icon_lol.gif

Barb

Now that's funny!!! I think there are a few DH's out there that would cringe at that trade-off. icon_eek.gif

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:23am
post #14 of 43

How sweet is that!??!!! I love my MIL very much, she is such a sweet woman. I get a card with a 10$$ bill taped inside. I look forward to my card every year.

Elle

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:23am
post #15 of 43

Congrats on your gift! I can honestly relate. I, too, have a wonderfully generous and supportive Mother In Law. I am truly blessed to have her, 'cause I've heard some horror stories! ..and I married her only son (which I was warned would be a nightmare). But she's been the most fabulous MIL I could've asked for.

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:26am
post #16 of 43

Gosh lucky you and Happy birthday for last wednesday. Those sort of presents are enjoyed by my partner and my son but I usually get a $30 gift voucher for a shopping centre. One year I even got decore shampoo and christmas candles. I know my birthday is close to christmas but really..
My partner didn't even blink an eye. He lovessss his mum and I'm usually wrong much to her happiness.

AnneZA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnneZA Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:27am
post #17 of 43

It's so nice hearing good things about people. I want one of those present buying mothers-in-law, and give me two cleaning ones.

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:33am
post #18 of 43

Ahh, that is really nice of her. In the past, my MIL has been a complete nut-job. Although lately she's mellowed out a bit & left us alone.

You are very lucky!

MadPhoeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadPhoeMom Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:33am
post #19 of 43

good for you!!! i think i could pit mine against yours......

i try not to take for granted that relationship, because i know of so many other horrible relationships.....

happy happy birthday!!!
sally

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:42am
post #20 of 43

That is so nice of your MIL. My b-day is next week and my MIL will often ask me what I like but she never gets it for me. I was pregnant last year and told her I really needed a gift card to Target so I could buy maternity clothes, but she got me a Precious Moments figurine.

In fact, I know she will be giving me the charm for my bracelet that she told me was on back order from X-mas but that I NEVER received!

If I do open a charm on my b-day, I so want to say, "Oh..I guess this is the back ordered X-mas charm?"

icon_lol.gif

thedessertdiva Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:10am
post #21 of 43

She really is a sweet lady. She does the nicest things. My DH said that she is supposed to visit in Oct, but this may be pushed back due to a work issue she has...so he thinks she is buying me off...LOL. I think its pure and simple...love.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:39am
post #22 of 43

HOLY COW! I love my MIL, but good lawd all mighty--anyone of us on here would love to have yours! Happy be-lated birthday!!!! Now go and have some fun with your new presents.

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:55am
post #23 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaranoel

Barb

I'll have to remember that...my husband will never even think it now! icon_lol.gif I too love my MIL!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:59am
post #24 of 43

I love my MIL too! She went together with my hubby and his sister to buy me a KA Pro 600 for my birthday! She has supported my new cookie business and spreads the word for me. icon_smile.gif

p.s. Congratulations on having one of the few nice MIL's in the world and Happy Birthday!

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:10am
post #25 of 43

Congrats and Happy Birthday.

I can relate with you. I have the best inlaws in the world. They are like 2nd parents to me. In fact, they will not call me daughter in law. They always refer to me as their daughter in love. How cute eh? Lucky me

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:15am
post #26 of 43

Ok I am so jealous. My MIL gave us a used iron for a wedding present... the gifts get worse from there. You wanna share her with me?! My list is a lot smaller than yours. icon_biggrin.gif

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:25am
post #27 of 43

Congratulations! That's wonderful. I'm happy for you.

Sorry, but I have ONE OF THOSE other kinds that only cultivate horror stories.

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:40pm
post #28 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by twooten173

Ok I am so jealous. My MIL gave us a used iron for a wedding present... the gifts get worse from there. You wanna share her with me?! My list is a lot smaller than yours. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif Please please tell your kidding

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:57pm
post #29 of 43

Happy Birthday and have fun with your stuff.

I have one of those MILs who goes between driving me up the wall and being really nice. I've come to the conclusion that she'd drive me nuts if she was my mom, she's never mean but she won't keep her nose out of what we're doing and is full of "great" ideas. icon_rolleyes.gif She'll go shopping and pick up dark chocolate candy bars we can't get around here for me and not her son. icon_lol.gif He couldn't believe she did that. icon_twisted.gif Last month she bought me the new yearbook and she brings me cookie cutters all the time. I think part of it is boredom, she has just my FIL and the 4 of us really since I'm married to her only surviving child and have her only grandkids so she drives me crazy because her son too busy to bug. icon_rolleyes.gif

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:57pm
post #30 of 43

I adore my MIL too!! She is a very thoughtful gift giver, her gifts have decorated my house with far more taste than I have EVER thought of having. My mom is the one who cannot visit without cleaning something and the two of them really get along well. We are very blessed! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%