Omg!! I'm So Po'd At Ups Right Now...i Could Scream!!!

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 11 Aug 2007 , 3:09pm by OhMyGoodies

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 1:40am
post #91 of 96

Yeah I don't think she filled that out either lmao... We've been here since Marchish and we're still getting her mail.. we get more mail for her family then we do ours and I LOVE ebay lol

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:15am
post #92 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKitmitto

This thread has really made me sad. My husband is a UPS driver. He goes above and beyond for his customers. The other day in fact, he delivered to an older woman who asked him to bring the package inside and open it for her. Then she asked him to set it up for her. After that she even asked him if he would cut up her veggies for her (she had really bad arthritis). He did all of this without complaining. The requests were nhot out of the ordinary for him.

My UPS driver is great as well. If we are not home, he will put our package behind our fence so as not to attract attention from thieves. Every driver I have ever come in contact with has been very friendly personable and reliable. That's what the UPS company is!! It's a terrible shame that there are not very nice people out there and they should be reported so as not to taint the comany's reputation further.

Oh and the $27/an hour is not entirely true. They definitely don't start them at that rate. My hubby has been driving for 5 years now and just got that raise last year. they call it "topping out" He got another raise yesterday though. WooHoo!! They deserve it though. My DH leaves at 8am and gets home around 9pm. Christmas time is much much worse. Their trucks have no air conditioning and they are constantly on the move.

Please don't let a few bad apples completely dictate how you see the company as a whole.

Your husband is one of the few decent UPS employees left, I am afraid to say. I understand the "Please don't let a few bad apples completely dictate how you see the company as a whole" sentiment, but repeated unresolved issues with the same company tells me that there is a rather large internal problem somewhere.

Lets hope that his good deeds do get noticed and that he can set an example for this outfit. I'd really like to report more "Look what my UPS guy/gal did for me..." then what I'm usually faced with.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:58am
post #93 of 96

I often receive packages from FED Ex and UPS. Overall service is good, but there have been a few times when I definitely did not want items left on my porch. The package also indicated "signature required" yet items were left on my porch without a signature. I never had a problems with missing packages though.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 9:11pm
post #94 of 96

***UPDATE***

Well, UPS placed a tracer on the lost KA's for Lowes. The nice lady in shipping at the Lowes I ordered from called me this morning to let me know that UPS called her 2 days ago and told her "because the package was marked as "delivered" by the driver, and because after 8 days, no package has turned up, we (UPS) can only reimburse you (LOWES) the cost of the shipping of the item. If I were you, I'd write this off as a stolen item"

UPS had the balls to claim that I stole my own KA's and then called the SAME LOWES I ORDERED THE ORIGINAL KA's FROM and had them send me a replacement.
icon_eek.gif

icon_mad.gif

The Lowes rep wanted to give me a "heads up" about the situation and wanted me to beware if I had any more packages shipped from UPS. Boy howdy I will...

She (the lady from Lowes) tried to explain to the agent that UPS needs to pay for the value of the package, not the shipping and was told that "There is no more discussion about this. There is nothing more we can do for you" so she told them to contact the Lowes corporate offices.

I just dont want my name and business being smeared by UPS in my community. I think they need question their drivers, and start having the "The customer is our #1 concern" attitude, because from what I can tell, they lack this...ALLOT.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 12:16am
post #95 of 96

So this all boils down to another company not giving a rats furry behind! Wow, I think I'll become a UPS driver and do my Christmas shopping! Sounds like there are NO consequenses there.

I have a knot in my stomach reading how this ended. They literally take no responsiblity, and worse accuse you.

Sad. I'll never use them again. I do a lot on eBay and will check to see if a seller ships via UPS before buying from them too.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 3:09pm
post #96 of 96

I honestly would've called the local police about this situation as it was a stolen item. They could investigate thru the line of UPS whom had access to the package and check each and every one of the handlers out who handled the package until they found it.

There isn't much they can do about smearing your name hun but if they do you can always sue them for defimation of character icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%