Omg!! I'm So Po'd At Ups Right Now...i Could Scream!!!

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 11 Aug 2007 , 3:09pm by OhMyGoodies

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:04am
post #31 of 96

fortunately I've never had an issue with UPS.. I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that... but If I were I think I'd be tempted to contact their customer service and let them know about this thread and the bad pr... that might motivate them a little more to help!

Oniro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oniro Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:05am
post #32 of 96

Ohhh I feel your pain...I once arrived home (after a splendid 9 hour work day) to find that UPS had left almost $2000.00 of bathroom fixtures sitting on my front step. Mirrors, faucets, towel rails...Yep. Just sitting there. For God knows how many hours. I felt like my head was going to explode and baby snakes were going to come out. There should be an emoticon for that icon_eek.gif .

bakenboi29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakenboi29 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:14am
post #33 of 96

I would be mad too. Those KA mixers don't come cheap. I won mine from an auction through ebay. Brand new ka artisan mixer. I would have went through the roof if DHL would have lost mine. Maybe it was good they didn't ship through ups. Glad they took care of it, but like you said it was the principle of the matter. Good luck.

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:16am
post #34 of 96

okay here's another one. USPS cancelled my mail delivery because the postman said my house looked empty. icon_eek.gif So when I finally talked to the postmaster, he says "yep, your house is abondoned!" I said "yeah right!? Then where do I supposedly live?" To make a long story short, I am remodeling my house inside and out, and have this big piece of paper (building permit) on the window, next to the mailbox that states this. so he goes on to say, well there is never any cars parked in your driveway. So I say..yep, thats right. Thats because I WORK TOO!!! Talk about IDIOTS. Meanwhile, they had to LOOK for my mail, because I apparently didn't exist. icon_confused.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:16am
post #35 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniro

I felt like my head was going to explode and baby snakes were going to come out. There should be an emoticon for that icon_eek.gif .

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KellyAnne1284 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyAnne1284 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:33am
post #36 of 96

Ok, I'm soooooo sorry this happened to you. UPS sucks big time. But.....I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what KAs are!!!! Someone please enlighten me!!! icon_redface.gif

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:37am
post #37 of 96

Here you go!

monkee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monkee73 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:39am
post #38 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAnne1284

Ok, I'm soooooo sorry this happened to you. UPS sucks big time. But.....I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what KAs are!!!! Someone please enlighten me!!! icon_redface.gif

KA's are Kitchen Aids....

I'm lucky to have a great UPS delivery guy...he delivers to my employment first and if he has something for me, he'll drop that off as well! As long as it's not too big to transport home!! icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:40am
post #39 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAnne1284

Kitchen Aid mixers --- highly coveted and prized by many here on CC

(just don't get us all started on bragging: "well I have a KA.... in xyz color"

some even name their mixers)

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:40am
post #40 of 96

I avoid them all if I can help it. UPS delivered a computer--threw it on the front steps and walked off. The box broke and packing peanuts were all over. It was supposed to be signed for--didn't get a signature. FedEx was supposed to deliver an important document overnight it went to California instead and it was delivered three days late. DHL was to deliver a ring I had bought and the jewelry store sent it out to have it resized it was "delivered" back to the jewelry store. After they did not get it back right away they tracked it--an empty box in one of the delivery trucks--insure everything!

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:25am
post #41 of 96

Wow, this is the first time I've seen a long list of complaints on UPS. I works for USPS (United State Postal Service) and we do similar job duties as UPS as well.

During my training last year, we were strongly advised against placing any packages next or on the mailbox due to easily theft. We also advised to knock on people's door to notify them about their package.

My recommendation is to request a "Signature Confirmation" when ordering any items. It mean the package cannot be left alone outside of the house if the customer is not home. The customer must be home to recieves a package AFTER she or he signed a signature confirmation slip. This will help to prevent loss of item.

We cannot leave a package at an unusual place, like on a bbq grill or in the car, because we know the customer will not find it. It sounds like UPS need some serious training on package delivery and security.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:36am
post #42 of 96

When we first moved to where we are now, we met with the UPS man the first week due to an eBay purchase... I missed him the first day because he comes at 6pmish it said.. so I waited the next day and asked him for all future deliveries if we do not answer the door when he rings or knocks can he please just run down the side of the house (15 food steps if that) and place the package inside the back door on the porch so no one would see it and steal it as we live on a busy main street down town. He doesn't do that... he knocks/rings the bell, if we aren't here he leaves it sit on the front porch... I have excellent neighbors and have had a very expensive eBay purchase sit there for an entire day and no one touched it.

The mail man is great too! I've known him since I was a young teen, he was the umpire on our softball team lol... He won't bother me in the mornings but he will gently wrap on the door if he sees me in the living room or hears the tv or something, or he'll just ring the bell to alert me he's leaving a package and will place it in the chair and turn the chair around backwards so you can't see the package. If the packages don't fit in the mailbox that's what he does.

I too have a mailbox affixed to the house so I have no flag, and I was never informed on how to send out mail, but my front porch gets wet when it rains and I don't trust ANYONE! I don't know personally lol so I won't clip anything to my mailbox, I'd rather ride down 4 blocks to the PO and mail it from the boxes there lol.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:54am
post #43 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergina

Wow, this is the first time I've seen a long list of complaints on UPS. I works for USPS (United State Postal Service) and we do similar job duties as UPS as well.

During my training last year, we were strongly advised against placing any packages next or on the mailbox due to easily theft. We also advised to knock on people's door to notify them about their package.

Yeah --- our post man is nice but oh my gosh.... he keeps jamming stuff in the little triangle the supports our mailbox. Once it was a thin box from Amazon and another time it was an envelope full of collector stamps (those were'nt even ours!! They were from a street about 1.5 miles over - we live on 180 they live on 168!) We live out in the country and have had mail stolen. oh yeah sometimes he props it up on the ground leaning against the mailbox pole! We can't even see our box from the house! It is about 1/4 mile away and on the other side of a walnut orchard!!

Oniro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oniro Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:02am
post #44 of 96

Thank you marthajo1. That feels much better icon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:16am
post #45 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

......almost 2 weeks later get a post card saying to call XXX-XXXX to reschedule delivery. Must call by xx/xx

well don't ya know -- the date a I had to call by was 2 days BEFORE the postmark on the card.

Same thing happened with my sister a few weeks before her wedding. She had ordered a really cute cake topper of a bride "catching" her groom with a fishing pole. It was backordered when she ordered it (months ago) and then UPS decided they couldn't find her house. She got a postcard on Saturday that she had until Friday at 5pm to call them to reschedule...the Friday before! They do live on a dirt road in the mountains of Colorado, but there is a mailbox on the main road that is clearly visible with their name and address on it. She finally got her cake topper 2 days before the wedding!

She usually has items shipped to her job, but she is a school teacher, so for the few months in the summer she has to play tag with the UPS guy.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 4:07pm
post #46 of 96

You ever try calling UPS to talk to someone about an issue. This is the second day that I have gotten the "Once it leaves our trucks, and its marked as delivered, its the shippers job to handle disputes" logic. I PAID for the package to be delivered. The shipper sent it to my house (obviously...it says it was delivered, doesn't it??) so shouldn't I be the one concerned where it is? I just don't understand the carelessness of big industry these days.

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 7:33pm
post #47 of 96

I feel sorry for all of you that have UPS horror stories.

I for one am really lucky and have an awesome UPS delivery guy. I guess I order a lot of packages, because now if he sees me, he goes right away to get my package without me having to ask icon_smile.gif.

I hope he stays on my route for a long time.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:29pm
post #48 of 96

I'm sorry you didn't get your delivery - I would be livid if I ordered two KA and they got "lost"! Luckily my UPS guy is great - I work fulltime, so I'm never home when he delivers. so he leaves things on the front porch or behind the pinetree. Gotta love living in a small town. icon_wink.gif

Funny USPS story from about 15 years ago...

My mother had gotten remarried and her uncle in California had sent her a card. It was addressed to:
(My mother's first name) and Good Looking Guy
PO Box (blank)
Town & State - no zip

We still can't believe she ever got it!

thedessertdiva Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:12pm
post #49 of 96

My 2nd shipment arrived this afternoon, unscathed, and I even had to sign for it! I asked the UPS driver who showed up if he was my normal driver and he said "no, thats XXXX, why, do you have a package that never showed up or something?"

icon_confused.gif

Ok...when a fellow driver acknowledges that this driver is a flake, makes me wonder...

Anywhoo...She's beautiful, She's pink and she's ALL MINE!! (the second mixer is going to my...you guessed it...MIL!)

Still trying to figure out what happened to package(s) number 1-2 from Friday. I'm sure XXXX has them... icon_mad.gif

OhMyGoodies Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 12:00am
post #50 of 96

I bet he does... if the new delivery guy says "do you have a missing package" then it sounds to me like this guy is on thin ice as is... maybe you could call and report it to your local Police Department and they could investigate the driver icon_wink.gif would be great if they found the other package you'd have 3!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

thedessertdiva Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:55am
post #51 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

I bet he does... if the new delivery guy says "do you have a missing package" then it sounds to me like this guy is on thin ice as is... maybe you could call and report it to your local Police Department and they could investigate the driver icon_wink.gif would be great if they found the other package you'd have 3!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I am heading there tomorrow morning with all my recipts, names of those I spoke to at UPS, the name of the manager at the Lowes in which I ordered from, and the drivers name of who delivered on Friday and todays drivers name. UPS better be prepared for the wrath of a baker done wrong!!

OhMyGoodies Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 12:16pm
post #52 of 96

You go girl!!!!!! icon_wink.gif If ya happen to find em... hook me up girl friend! icon_wink.gif lol

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 1:29pm
post #53 of 96

Couldn't resist posting this on this thread!

http://www.allowe.com/Humor/sightgagbrowser.php?j=1001

LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 1:56pm
post #54 of 96

ok, I have to say, I love DHL, we have had allot of problem with the post office and Ups, leaving packages on the back porch ( we don't use the back door. I enter into allot of contests and I get a ton of mail, ( my mail lady just glares at me now,lol) But i ordered a red socks cardboard Pinata off of eBay and well it was raining the day it was delivered and as you can guess it was destroyed. well the gentleman who I ordered it from was not responsible, and ups said that once they deliver it they are not responsible. thank god the wonderful man from ebay sent me another one for half off and we used DHL the next time, lol,

do they really make 27$ an hour? wow,

Kimskakes23336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimskakes23336 Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 1:57pm
post #55 of 96

I live on a small island and we have one UPS delivery driver who is on the island until about 7:00, if he tried to deliver something that required a signature, he'll leave a note with a new delivery time. Most times, if it's before 7:00, you can track him down and he'll take it off the truck and give it to you. Prior to this driver though, we did have a ditz for a driver. One time we never received a package from QVC even though UPS said they deliverd it. QVC replaced the item and it eventually worked out. About 4 months later we noticed a box on a shelf in our extremely cluttered to the ceiling garage. Low and behold, it was the original package. The UPS driver had left it in the garage and never told anyone. We even had the previous driver leave a package in an old car that didn't run that we had parked in our side yard!!!!?? My son found it walking past the car and he just happened to look in and see a package on the front seat.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 1:58pm
post #56 of 96

OMG! I can but, I can't believe this has happened to you! I am so glad to hear that you are going to the PD to get this resolved. You will probably get you package REAL QUICK once this guy discovers you have an investigation on him! LOL

kansaslaura Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:12pm
post #57 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS

ok, I have to say, I love DHL, we have had allot of problem with the post office and Ups, leaving packages on the back porch ( we don't use the back door. I enter into allot of contests and I get a ton of mail, ( my mail lady just glares at me now,lol) But i ordered a red socks cardboard Pinata off of eBay and well it was raining the day it was delivered and as you can guess it was destroyed. well the gentleman who I ordered it from was not responsible, and ups said that once they deliver it they are not responsible. thank god the wonderful man from ebay sent me another one for half off and we used DHL the next time, lol,

do they really make 27$ an hour? wow,

Soooo.. if we delivered cakes like UPS delivers packages we could just slow the car down and shove it out and say, sorry.. once I deliver it I'm not responsible!?!

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:14pm
post #58 of 96

I don't know what's going on with UPS. I try to have any UPS packages delivered at work since my wonderful UPS home delivery man retired a couple of years ago.

Last winter, I ordered a package and happened to be home on delivery day. I had tracked it so I knew it would be there. Well, he turns in my driveway around 2pm, sits in his truck a minute, and then turns around and drives off without delivering my package! So, I called UPS and they said he evidently had an urgent message about making another delivery and would deliver my package the next day. Now, what I couldn't figure out is what could be so urgent that he couldn't take two minutes to give my package to me since he was sitting in my driveway.

Since then, I have all UPS delivered to me at work where there is always someone around to sign for them.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:22pm
post #59 of 96

icon_rolleyes.gif Maybe we should print out all of our complaints and send them with a nice little letter to the head office!!!! icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gif

(really, I do think we should do that! LOL)

kansaslaura Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:30pm
post #60 of 96

Look what I found icon_twisted.gif

A forum dedicated to problems with UPS. Even a section for unhappy customers!

http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/index.php/board,1.0.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%