White Chocolate Icing

Baking By nanni Updated 25 Feb 2005 , 3:28pm by m0use

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 19 Jan 2005 , 4:16am
post #1 of 6

I need a recipe for white chocolate icing-it will go on a wedding cake. The bride really wants this and I truly hate to disappoint her. It will need to be smooth-and be able to do a border with it. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 19 Jan 2005 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 6

I make a white chocolate icing by using the basic Wilton crusting buttercream recipe, then follow the directions for Chocolate buttercream but use white chocolate in place of the regular chocolate. It's delicious and easy to work with. I found that white chocolate chips do not work as well as a white chocolate bar, such as Bakers. Hope this helps, Missey

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 19 Jan 2005 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 6

YOu are so full of such wonderful information!! Thank you so much for your help!!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks! ...that's what we are all here for!! Sometimes we teach, sometimes we learn! icon_wink.gif

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 25 Feb 2005 , 12:42am
post #5 of 6

Just to add another idea to MrsMissey's posting...I use the same recipe as MrsMissey, and have even used different flavorings instead of vanilla. One of my favorites is white chocolate raspberry buttercream...very tasty, but I have not been able to find a clear raspberry flavoring so it does slightly color the frosting.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 25 Feb 2005 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 6

I recently made an icing with white chocolate in it- it was good and smooth and easy to work with. I made wilton's snow-white buttercream icing, and then mixed 1-2 cups of white chocolate mousse ganache in with it. It was delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%