Need Royal Icing Question Help, Asap, Please!!!

Decorating By nathanikka Updated 24 Sep 2006 , 1:48am by TexasSugar

nathanikka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nathanikka Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:14am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have any idea on how to make royal icing dry faster if it is pretty thick? Any tricks? Please help!!!

5 replies
Princess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Princess3 Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:16am
post #2 of 6

Maybe a small fan, or put in an open window???

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:21am
post #3 of 6

is it on cookies? or did you just make flowers that need to dry? I remember reading a thread on here where they were putting them in a warm oven to dry them faster. Don't remember the exact details but it was just set on warm. I do remember Doug was part of the thread so he may have a better anwer for you.

sweetoccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetoccasions Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:22am
post #4 of 6

Do you have a food dehydrator? I dried royal icing violet leaves for a wedding cake in 45 minutes. Usually takes 10-15 hours for them to dry because they are so thick. I've had a friend borrow it and dry royal icing roses in an hour.

Hope that helps.

Vicky

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:26am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetoccasions

Do you have a food dehydrator? I dried royal icing violet leaves for a wedding cake in 45 minutes. Usually takes 10-15 hours for them to dry because they are so thick. I've had a friend borrow it and dry royal icing roses in an hour.

Hope that helps.

Vicky

Now that's a good idea thumbs_up.gif K'ly ^,,^

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:48am
post #6 of 6

You can also place it in the oven with just the light one. Make sure you stick a sticky not or tape over the oven knob though. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%