Need Idea For "scary Sweet Sixteen" Party

Decorating By karateka Updated 22 Sep 2006 , 4:43pm by karateka

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 1:06am
post #1 of 11

I have a call from a lady who is having a Halloween birthday party for her soon to be 16year old DD. She wants it to be round, white cake with buttercream frosting. She says she thinks her daughter wants something with skulls. But then she said if I had any other ideas she'd like to hear them.

So...of course the first thing I thought of is the poison symbol, but I'd like to go more original if possible. Got any ideas out there? I know there's MAJOR talent out in CC land....

10 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 1:13am
post #2 of 11

How about going with the theme of " The nightmare before christmas" theme? I've seen some cool ones.. Let me find you some pics..BRB

karateka Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 1:58am
post #3 of 11

Do you think driving and skeleton themes go well together since it's Halloween and sweet 16? I don't want to freak mom out with the thought of her baby driving and all that "death" related stuff like skeletons and such....

karateka Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 11

bumping myself....really need a bunch of ideas, guys...anybody??? Please?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 11

what about doing a 3D skull........or like a haunted house (castle cake)

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 11

When I saw your title my first thought was ...hmm...scary? How about a big driver's license. icon_lol.gif 16 year old driving is scary to me, lol. I'm not sure I would do skulls and driving, it is kinda freaky to think of the two together, especially since so many young kids are killed in accidents. The nightmare before christmas ideas sounds good to me, or make some skeletons with girly hair sitting around painting their nails or something?

Marissaisabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marissaisabel Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 11

I agree with briansbaker that would be a perfect theme for a teen. It's popular, trendy, cool and it's Disney. So Mom would approve of it. Perhaps this is what the teen has in mind. Good Luck!

srod911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srod911 Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 2:23pm
post #8 of 11

I did a nightmare before christmas cake for my daughter's b-day. It turned out pretty good. I've attached the pic.
LL

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 11

There's a store called Hot Topics which carries lots of the gothic stuff. They have clothes, but it would maybe give you some ideas.
www.hottopic.com
I agree that the nightmare before Christmas theme would be pretty fun and most people like the characters without them being too scary. Good luck and I hope to see some pictures of the finished product!

Marissaisabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marissaisabel Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 2:28pm
post #10 of 11

srod911 your Jack and Sally cake looks great! You did a great job on it.
I still think it's the perfect theme for a teen.

karateka Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 4:43pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks everyone! I like the nightmare before christmas thing, but I wonder if I'd run into copyright infringement issues? I am selling this, and Disney is pretty protective. I like the skeletons having a girls nite type thing, too. I'll give it some more thought, and if she hires me I'll post pics.

Thanks for the help. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%