Caramel Drizzle Recipe

Baking By mamakau Updated 21 Sep 2006 , 9:11pm by duvalc

mamakau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamakau Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 4

I'm looking for a caramel recipe that I can use as a drizzle on top of choc. covered cake balls. I've thought of just using the caramel ice cream topping, but don't want it to be too runny (in case I need to stack the balls on top of eachother). Anyone have recipe that sets well and isn't too sticky?

3 replies
4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 4

I dont know an answer, but would love to hear one. I was just thinking a chocolate cake w/ caramel drizzle down the side would be good. I wonder if you could melt the caramel candies to a consistency that can be drizzled?? icon_confused.gif

mamakau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamakau Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, to just buy the chewy caramel candies (I think Kraft makes them) and just melt them down. I've seen a recipe where you do exactly that but you also add milk, and can't remember if this makes it runny or not.

duvalc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duvalc Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 4

I have a caramel apple cheesecake recipe that uses store bought caramels to make a sauce that could be used for drizzling. It's really easy:

1 pound caramels
5 ounces evaporated milk

Unwrap caramels. Place in a 2 quart saucepan with evaporated milk. Cook on low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted.

I seem to remember that this sauce set up pretty well, but then again I put the cheesecake back into the oven... You could try reducing the evaporated milk if you want the sauce to be thicker. You can always add more if you need to (plus remember that it will be thicker when it cools).

I'm not to sure about the sticky factor since I have only used this as a cheesecake filling and topping.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%