Another Question About Rolled Buttercream On Cookies

Baking By southaustingirl Updated 17 Apr 2007 , 4:25am by cambo

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 9

Can you package cookies iced with rolled buttercream in little plastic bags? Will the butter cream 'sweat'?

8 replies
tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 9

I've packaged many RBC cookies in the plastic packages. You do have to let them sit for a little to let the RBC set. Otherwise, it'll smear onto the package. I usually let mine sit overnight. HTH! thumbs_up.gif

Tkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tkeys Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 9

I've also packaged mine - it is a good idea to let them sit out a bit first. in my photos, the wedding dress is rolled buttercream - i had it sit out for a day before wrapping it up.

Tkeys Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 9

I've also packaged mine - it is a good idea to let them sit out a bit first. in my photos, the wedding dress is rolled buttercream - i had it sit out for a day before wrapping it up.

sheena16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena16 Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 9

Can you send me the recipe you use for the rolled buttercream? I would really appreciate it. Please put "rolled butter cream recipe" in the e-mail subject so I don't delete it by mistake.

[email protected]

thanks so much!!
Susan

eenerleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eenerleigh Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 9

I would also love the recipe for rolled buttercream. also how you apply it. thanks [email protected]

Renee

Tkeys Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 9

You can find the basic recipe in the recipes section - you can always go to the recipes tab and search for rolled buttercream. here is a link to the recipe:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1603-0-Rolled-Buttercream-Icing-Recipe.html

Some people like to add some flavors to the RBC instead of vanilla (like almond extract, or orange extract, or some other flavor that compliments the recipe/flavor of their cookies). Good luck!

sun33082 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sun33082 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 11:07pm
post #8 of 9

Before everyone gets on an "email me too!" rampage...how about you just put the recipe in this thread or in the recipe section icon_smile.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 4:25am
post #9 of 9

I package cookies iced with RBC all the time...no sweating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%