Orange Curd?

Baking By mcalhoun Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 3:53am by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:14am
post #1 of 5

I have made and used Lemon curd for a lemon cake before and had really good response from this. Well I am making an orange cake tomorrow night and was wondering if anyone has ever made orange curd? Do you think I could just substitute orange for the lemon? I have tried using orange marmalade before and it was just too sweet. I am open for suggestions for what everyone uses in orange cake for a filling.

Thanks a bunch
Melissa

4 replies
snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:23am
post #2 of 5

I use orange curd all the time in my mimosa cake. There is a thread with the recipe in it somewhere.

Annalie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annalie Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:24am
post #3 of 5

What about cream cheese frosting with some orange flavour an orange zest?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 3:41am
post #4 of 5

I just made this cake this past week and got rave reviews on it last night. It contains orange curd and that's where most of the compliments were aimed!

Here's the link for the recipe posted by txkat: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-382023-mimosa.html

P.S. You'll see that she has a link to a recipe on Epicurious, but she tweeked it, so make sure you read her recipe all the way through, as well as the link. icon_wink.gif

(Thanks again, txkat for sharing!)

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 3:53am
post #5 of 5

I just made this cake this past week and got rave reviews on it last night. It contains orange curd and that's where most of the compliments were aimed!

Here's the link for the recipe posted by txkat: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-382023-mimosa.html

P.S. You'll see that she has a link to a recipe on Epicurious, but she tweeked it, so make sure you read her recipe all the way through, as well as the link. icon_wink.gif

(Thanks again, txkat for sharing!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%