Fall Flower For Wedding Cake

Decorating By jarjam1026 Updated 23 Aug 2007 , 12:50pm by Kayakado

jarjam1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjam1026 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 1:19am
post #1 of 10

My BI will be getting married in oct. I offered to give the cake as a wedding gift, anyway, she says she want maroon and orange flowers on the cake icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gif I'm going to do them in RI. the bridemaids will be wearing a chocolate brown colored dress i just dont know if these colors will actually look ok. any suggestions?
TIA
JULIE

9 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 1:51am
post #2 of 10

First of all, I think all the colors will be fine together. Secondly, will the bridesmaids be standing on the cake? Then, don't worry if the flowers aren't a perfect match. icon_smile.gif

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 10

Jarjam -- I thought I was the only one with a weird request. My customer wants brown and burnt orange colors for her wedding cake. icon_confused.gif

If anyone has pictures or a website to get some ideas, please help!

alisoncooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisoncooks Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 10

bakingangle--in one of colette peters books (the one with the golden boxes on the front) she has a fall wedding cake. Instead of flowers she's done orange, brown, and red leaves (I think with fondant). It really is lovely.

Bakingangel Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 7:49am
post #5 of 10

Thank you Alisoncooks for your help. I'll check it out.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 1:22pm
post #6 of 10

I think all of those colors would be great fo a fall wedding. I found this one on The Knot ( not sure who the cake designer is)
LL

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 10

Here's a glorious one with all the colors including the brown...
LL

Bakingangel Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 1:30am
post #8 of 10

Thanks for the pics!

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 10

My wedding cake was a fall one and incorporated all those colors. Instead of flowers made out of icing, fresh ones were used....same ones that were in the bouquets and also, fall leaves were put on it. It was beautiful!! I loved the fresh flowers better than the icing ones because it made it much more elegant. You could also incorporate a brown satin ribbon, either on the sides of each layer or draped down somehow. Good Luck!!

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:50pm
post #10 of 10

Chrysanthemums are a fall flower and certainly come in those colors

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%