Alphabet Cutters?

Decorating By dmq1298 Updated 27 Jul 2007 , 11:06pm by kkg

dmq1298 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmq1298 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 4

I am about to pull my hair out!!! icon_eek.gif Does anyone have a tip to get the gumpaste out of the Alphabet cutters? I have tried dusting the cutters, and I have hit them so hard on the countertop that I am afraid that I am going to brake them! Thanks...Donna

3 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 4

What kind of cutters are you using?

When I use the FMM tappits and Patchwork Cutters alphabet, I dust both the cutter and rolled out gumpaste with cornstarch liberally. When rolled thin, the letters come out very easy by tapping your closed fist holding the cutter into the palm of your other hand. If it doesn't come out, gently poke the cutter with a blunt tool to let the paste out. Let it air dry for a few minutes before attempting to move to prevent distorting the shape.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmq1298

I am about to pull my hair out!!! icon_eek.gif Does anyone have a tip to get the gumpaste out of the Alphabet cutters? I have tried dusting the cutters, and I have hit them so hard on the countertop that I am afraid that I am going to brake them! Thanks...Donna

I tried everything too my B gave me the most problem, I finall poked it out and flipped it over so the holes wouldnt show if anymore ideals let me know i love the way they look but they are a pain to use,

kkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkg Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:06pm
post #4 of 4

i always have the exact same problem when using my Wilton Alphabet cutter, the letters just stick into the cutter and when I use anything to pry them out of the cutter, it always leaves a mark on the fondant letter. GRRRRR. I also tried everything (liberally applied cornstarch on both cutters and fondant/gumpaste, applied Crisco) but still it exist... WHY???

If anyone has a solution to this, please let us know!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%