I Need Ideas!!

Decorating By yumcupcakes Updated 29 Jul 2007 , 11:23pm by kimberly84

yumcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yumcupcakes Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 7

Hi! A customer emailed me this..any ideas? I'm confused icon_sad.gif

"I don't need anything huge, something that would serve about 12 people, i don't care about the shape really. As for the flavor i love chocolatee, but i hate how when u go to a store it's just chocolate sponge cake and plain boring chocolate icing on top, so if u have ne yummy chocolate filling ideas i'm up for it lolz I was thinking cake colors of brown and pink somehow shaded together and maybe some pink flowers..and is there ne way of making a cake kind of shimmer with glitter? Basically i want it girly n cute lolz Let me know if this is confusing or if u have ne questions because i know i just babbled on icon_smile.gif"

If anyone out there can help me, thank you so much!!

6 replies
pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:25am
post #3 of 7

Chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling (recipe from this site) is a very popular choice among my friends who like chocolate.

Good luck!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 12:36am
post #4 of 7

If it's not too late, for filling I suggest:
bavarian creme
lemon
raspberry
Any of these can be used straight from the sleeve or mixed w/b'cream or non-dairy whipped cream.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:41am
post #5 of 7

Ask what her budget is, THEN you can tell her what you can make for that price...
Glittery can be cake glitter or sugar crystals...

But GET THAT BUDGET FIRST!

this also works as a cake - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2089-Caramel-Mudcake-Cupcakes.html

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:56am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Ask what her budget is, THEN you can tell her what you can make for that price...
Glittery can be cake glitter or sugar crystals...

But GET THAT BUDGET FIRST!

this also works as a cake - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2089-Caramel-Mudcake-Cupcakes.html

yep I have to agree with 7yyrt...find out what she wants to pay and go from there

kimberly84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberly84 Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 11:23pm
post #7 of 7

You can use luster dust to make it sparkle!!! It adds so much to even the simpliest cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%