Strawberry Jam For Filling?

Decorating By nicsnala99 Updated 27 Jul 2007 , 5:03pm by cakebaker1957

nicsnala99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicsnala99 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:29am
post #1 of 13

does anyone have any ideas on how to use a 10oz jar of seedless strawberry jam as filling for a dark choc fudge cake? thanks a bunch!

12 replies
marksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marksmom Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:39am
post #2 of 13

i'll give you a bump icon_biggrin.gif cuz i'd like to know too. sounds yummy.

Shazzana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shazzana Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:40am
post #3 of 13

try mixing it with some buttercream or if you are using a whipping cream mix it with that. YUMMMMY. also you can mix it wth fresh cut strawberries. just some ideas.

Erika513x2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erika513x2 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:49am
post #4 of 13

my m-in law did choc cupcakes and just made a hole in the middle and put some straw jam in the middle then iced it and it was good i liked it

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:57am
post #5 of 13

shazanna has a good idea. i did a rasberry filled vanilla cake that called for preserves. if i had mixed it with the buttercream, it would have stayed together much better. i wouldn't use only preserves again.

good luck!

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:59am
post #6 of 13

i mix with bc often- it is very tasty- not to rich and doesnt slide apart

greenhorn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greenhorn Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:04am
post #7 of 13

I've used it without mixing it with anything and it has been great. Just make sure you dam it so your sides don't leak.

jessicacourtney1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessicacourtney1 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 5:33am
post #8 of 13

I always add a very thin layer of BC on the bottom then the jam(i have only used raspberry) and a very small about of bc on top that . I thin my bc so it goes on very easy. the cake doesnt slide and it looks great when you cut into it!

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:14pm
post #9 of 13

If you are going to add it to the buttercream, I suggest you also add some more powedered sugar to thicken the buttercream up. I added it to buttercream and it made my buttercream too runny and made the top layer slide when I was trying to ice it. Next time I will add powdered sugar to thicken the layer up some.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:25pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn

I've used it without mixing it with anything and it has been great. Just make sure you dam it so your sides don't leak.

Same here!! I put it in a bowl and mix it up a little bit to make it all smootha and just put it on the cake. I've never had any problems.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:58pm
post #11 of 13

When using jam alone, I find it absorbs into the cake layers a bit. If you want a thick layer, you might want to mix with something.

nicsnala99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicsnala99 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:41am
post #12 of 13

thanks everyone ... good ideas icon_smile.gif

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 5:03pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsnala99

does anyone have any ideas on how to use a 10oz jar of seedless strawberry jam as filling for a dark choc fudge cake? thanks a bunch!

I am making one for Aug im going to dig out a little of the cake in the middle and then do a dam around it with BC and then add the filling, Hope this works never done it before,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%