Coconut Cake

Decorating By lizzard14 Updated 27 Jul 2007 , 4:41am by jenspin

lizzard14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard14 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 6

Hey guys...I was going to make my Dad the coconut creme cake on this site, I need to know what kind of frosting would be good with it? I need one I can decorate with. Would Buttercream with coconut flavoring instead of vanilla work? It has a frosting recipe with it, but I didn't know if it would be good to decorate with. Also what would be a good filling to use?

5 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:14am
post #2 of 6

I think regular buttercream goes great with coconut cake. You could flavor it with a little lemon or lime.

For filling, I love raspberry filling -- it makes your cake taste like a raspberry zinger. icon_smile.gif Also a lemon or lime curd with coconut cake is heavenly.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:22am
post #3 of 6

I use BC on coconut cake all the time, my customers like it with pineapple filling.

Yorkiemum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yorkiemum Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:22am
post #4 of 6

I saw that International Delights had a coconut flavor in their line now. I thougth it would make a good flavoring for the frosting on a coconut cake. It in the dairy case with the coffee creams. Just use it in place of the milk in your frosting. I love the outcome.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:25am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemum

I saw that International Delights had a coconut flavor in their line now. I thougth it would make a good flavoring for the frosting on a coconut cake. It in the dairy case with the coffee creams. Just use it in place of the milk in your frosting. I love the outcome.

Yummmm.

jenspin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenspin Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:41am
post #6 of 6

I second the recommendation for pineapple filling.

I just made cupcakes with the leftover batter from a toasted-coconut cake, pineapple filling, plain BC, and toasted coconut sprinkled on top. They were great! Tasted like a pina colada.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%