To Cali4Dawn

Decorating By diane Updated 11 Feb 2005 , 1:26am by sweeterbug1977

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 16 Jan 2005 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 6

hi dawn,
i did a bratz buttercream transfer. it came out great!! wow, it was easy. i just have one question. i saw your incredibles cake, did you ad corn syrup to the frosting? it looks shiny. i like that!
daine

5 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 6

I believe I read that if you use equal amount of Buttercream and equal amount of light corn syrup it will make the transfer shiny icon_smile.gif
If I am wrong someone please let us in on your secret to shiny buttercream transfers icon_biggrin.gif Haven't tried it yet, but when I do will be sure to post it.. The shiny affect really makes the cake stand out huh?
I did my first transfer the other day. Eeyore was the theme. Boy am I hooked!!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 6

Oh yes... I must hurry and respond here before we have a catastrophe on our hands here.

You are referring to 2 different methods.

I add nothing to my BCTs. I'm sure the corn syrup would not release nicely from the wax paper.

The glaze method is done very much like colorflow BUT you do this directly on to the cake and it does not harden.

I transfer my picture to the cake using the reverse printing and piping gel method. I use a thick buttercream to outline my project. For the filler colors, I mix together about equal parts BC and corn syrup. This may vary depending on the humidity in your area. I have NONE (I live in the high desert). Yo add enough corn syrup that the BC will flow. It will not hold its shape on it's own without the lining (about like thick syrup or honey). Now, with the flow the icing into your outlines. Wa- La!!

I have a hint of the flu right now. But I promise I'll do a tutorial soon.

I also use this some (almost) method for writing. I add about 1:3 corn syrup to BC ratio. Just enough to make it silky smooth but still hold its shape. I know we have been taught to do with piping gel. But this works just as well and is much easier on the purse.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 6

OH NO! icon_surprised.gif Thank you so much!!! icon_redface.gif

nejiad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nejiad Posted 11 Feb 2005 , 1:05am
post #5 of 6

WHIT EQUAL PARTS OF BUTTERCREAM AND LIGHT CORN SYRUP? icon_redface.gif

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 11 Feb 2005 , 1:26am
post #6 of 6

nejiad,

The equal parts buttercream and corn syrup that is mentioned is concerning the buttercream glaze technique, which cali4dawn has been so kind to do a tutorial on. The tutorial for both the frozen buttercream transfer and the buttercream glaze technique can be found on this site thanks to cali4dawn. I hope this clears things up for you. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%