My Marine Son Is Coming Home!

Lounge By indydebi Updated 20 Sep 2006 , 5:53pm by Zamode

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 11

My 22-year old son, a Sgt. in the Marines, has decided to come home when his enlistment is up next month! He served two tours of Iraq, rec'd a Purple Heart on his first tour and a second medal of heroism for his actions during the event which gave him his Purple Heart.

He's been going back and forth on whether to come back to Indiana or stay in California. (See......there's "this girl" in California. Need I say more?) icon_wink.gif

Anyway, he's changed his mind about 4 times in the last 5 weeks. The latest is he has decided to come home and pursue college on his GI Bill.

I don't want to minimalize (is that a word?) on how difficult this decision is for him. I believe he has real feelings for this girl and it was very very hard for him. Bluntly, I wouldn't be surprised if he changes his mind a couple of more times before next month! icon_confused.gif

But we will be very very glad to have him home!!

10 replies
SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 11

I'm so happy for you! Sounds like you've done a great job raising an amazing son. Best wishes to your family.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 11

That's great news!!!!

Hmmm....sounds like you might have to move to California..... icon_wink.gif !! LOL!

That is something definitely to be happy about!

I guess you'll be making him a cake huh???

indydebi Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 12:29am
post #4 of 11

No cake.... his favorite "mom, will you make me.....?" dish is my chicken and dumplin's. (no "g' on the end ..... that's how you tell if they're homemade or not! icon_wink.gif ).

morg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morg Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 7:09am
post #5 of 11

I'm so glad you're getting him back safe and sound. That is great news!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 11

Yippee!
thumbs_up.gif Here's to a safe trip home!

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 9:28pm
post #7 of 11

That is great! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad he stayed safe while in Iraq.

MMmmm, i'm coming over to your house to eat. I LOVE Chicken and dumplin's!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hugs,
Jami

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 11

Please tell your son "Thank You!" from me for his service to our country.

indydebi Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:26pm
post #9 of 11

okred....I sure will, but I tell you, he will shrug it off with "it's just a job".

His first tour, he asked us to send packets of ink pens. The kids were begging for ink pens. When we asked why, he told us it was the first chance they had to go to school and they needed the pens for school. He told us that he had no idea how people lived over there. Said in some places, the closest water is like 70 miles away and they have to walk to get it.....and they do! (he sounded so grown up when he was telling us that story! sniff! sniff!)

And countrygal, you just let me know when you're in Indy! We'll fix you right up!

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:47pm
post #10 of 11

Debi, My dad's dad lives in west Terre Haute, Indiana. icon_razz.gif And he just left this morning to go back home.(he came down to go fishin')

Yes, tell him THANK YOU! usaribbon.gif

Hugs,
Jami

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 5:53pm
post #11 of 11

My thoughts as well, thank you and best wishes~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%