Fbct Help

Decorating By CJBabycakes Updated 24 Jul 2007 , 1:47am by anoldhippy

CJBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CJBabycakes Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 9

The past couple of times I've tried to use the frozen buttercream transfer method, part of the icing has stuck to the waxpaper. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? I've left the transfer in the freezer overnight and that did not work. I've tried this a couple of times and it almost always sticks. icon_cry.gif

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

8 replies
Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 9

I don't use wax paper. I cover the design with plastic wrap. Just make sure you pull it tight so there are no wrinkles.

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 9

i use parchment paper instead of wax paper and i haven't had mine stick at all. You just have to make sure you put the FBCT on your cake as soon as you take it out of the freezer....

Buckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buckeye Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 9

I've noticed if my lines are thin it will sometimes stick to the wax paper as well.

pammelasue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammelasue Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 9

I just did my first successful one this weekend and have now learned that I was making them too thin before. I beefed this one up a bit and it worked perfectly! And yes, put it on straight out of the freezer and pull the paper right off!

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 9

The last time I made an fbct I was out of parchment and used wax paper and it stuck!!! Will not use wax paper again. I have never had a problem with parchment paper.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 9

I have had no problem with waxed paper. What I do is when I complete the transfer and it freezes, I take it out and take the waxed paper off the front and replace it with a new sheet. I have had no problems.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:50pm
post #8 of 9

I don't make them anymore but I did in the past and used wax paper with no problems. Do you find it is happening with one specific color or jsut at different times?

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 1:47am
post #9 of 9

I made my first one a few weeks ago..I know now I need to make it thicker but does it ever freeze completely solid. I left mine in for about 12 hrs and it seemed to barely set up and it you touched your finger on it the color came right off. Does that sound right? To be that soft still?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%