Mmf V Rf?

Decorating By baka4lyfe20 Updated 24 Jul 2007 , 12:49am by baka4lyfe20

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 4

Now, I'm not talking about the flavor or the ease of making/working with fondant. I honestly want to know if anyone else thinks cakes covered in rolled fondant look better than those coverd in marshmallow fondant? Right now I don't about anything but looks. Is it just me? Or is that that I don't know how to work with fondant correctly?

3 replies
mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:27am
post #2 of 4

I would agree with you. I could never get MMF "just right" so it didn't look as smooth on a cake as the pre-made fondant. I've switched to buying pre-made and not having to deal with the hassle.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:34am
post #3 of 4

I've never had a problem with the mmf, and I've gotten it perfectly smooth. What recipe are you using?

I think store bought fondant might be a tad slicker looking though, but I just can't justify the price or convenience of being able to make my own.

And, I know you're not talking about the taste, but mmf is hands down the winner in my book every time.

S.

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 12:49am
post #4 of 4

I've tried two. The (I think) famous Peggy W's recipe from What's Cooking America (first think you find when you google mmf) and I think Sarah's recipe from baking 9-11.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%