Photographer Cake/sugar Cookies

Decorating By camouflagegirl Updated 15 Sep 2006 , 11:13am by cambo

camouflagegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camouflagegirl Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 10

My husband and I got married a little over a month ago, and our photographer was GREAT. She gave us ALL of the pictures she took (around 600), and only charged us $150 for 15 hours of work. Her birthday is coming up, and I REALLY want to make her a cake AND sugar cookies, as a surprise. I'm new to this, but if given simple ideas, could totally pull off something awesome.

GOT ANY IDEAS?

9 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 10

I think it would be really cute if you did square or rectangular cookies, and made a design in the middle as if it were a photo she took of your wedding. Then make a border around the edges like a frame. If you have a place somewhere near you that will print edible images, you can use your real photos on the cookies.

Deanna

camouflagegirl Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 10

What time of places do that? I have two local grocery bakeries and a Wal-Mart bakery. Do you think they would?

TooMuchCake Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 10

Around here, there are two specialty bakeries that will do custom edible images, and there is a grocery store chain that does them on cakes they sell there, but I don't know if they sell just the image or not. I go to the bakery for mine. You could call your stores up and see if they'll do it, and if they prefer you to have the photos already scanned or not.

Deanna

camouflagegirl Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 10

Can I only use the image once? Like if I wanted to make say 3 cookies of one photo, could I use one image three times, or would I have to buy 3 images of the one photo?

TooMuchCake Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 10

You'd need the number of images that you are planning to make of cookies. The edible images are actually very thin sheets of icing that you put on your cake or cookie, and after a couple minutes, the icing sheet "melts" into the icing on your cookie, so that it's part of the icing you put on there. You don't peel them off either. It's funny that people ask if they have to peel them off, haha, but customers don't always know what they are allowed to eat or not.

At the bakery I use for my EIs, as long as I can fit the pix on one sheet of icing, I can put as many on there as I want. I just have to (carefully) cut them apart with scissors and then apply them to the cake. Find out what your local store is willing to do. thumbs_up.gif

Deanna

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 10

I don't know if this is what you're going for, but I had an idea of making rectangular cookies and decorate them like a camera. You could make it pretty simple. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 8:37am
post #8 of 10

you could also do a film strip as a cookie or even around the sides of a sheet cake. a 3d camera cake would be cool and easy to do if you just stack a round cake for the lens on top of a rectangular cake as the camera.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 11:07am
post #9 of 10

how nice of you! I was thinking cookies shaped like cameras too.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 11:13am
post #10 of 10

To simplify it even further, you could just cutout rectangular cookies and decorate them to look like rolls of film (like the container)! thecakecorner.com has a pic of a roll of film she made as I cake (I think), or maybe it was even on cakecentral.com in the photos! I like the idea of edible images as well....be sure you can reproduce them (not copyrighted).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%