Ideas For A Tinker Bell (Fairy) Themed Baby Shower Cake?

Decorating By bleckwoman Updated 23 Jul 2007 , 2:03am by FatAndHappy

bleckwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bleckwoman Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to make a baby shower cake and I was told that the Mother To be is decorating the baby's room in a Tinker Bell theme. I was asked if I could make a cake with a Tinker Bell or Fairy theme. They also said that if I couldn't make that theme I could decorate the cake how ever I wanted. It is a surprise shower. Does anyone have any ideas? I have been looking for pictures of Tinker Bell online, thinking that maybe I could make her our of Royal Icing, but she looks a bit too detailed for my experience level. Help!

7 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 8

I have a Tink cake in my photos (somewhere). I got the topper from Wal-Mart from the bakery for $5. You just have to ask 'em for the topper only.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 8

You could do a frozen buttercream transfer (FBCT), which the directions are posted in the articles section of this website, or buy a small Tink toy and put it on top of the cake. Have you searched the galleries of this site? There are some excellent Tink cakes! Good luck! princess.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 8

I have a tiered tinkerbell cake in my photos that I got the toy from the toy department at wal-mart. You could easily tone down the purple, pink and green to be a little more baby colors. You could use the basic design of the cake and then add any Tinkerbell figurine you wanted on top.

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 8

i have some tinkerbell cakes in my photos. i did fbct.

Julisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julisa Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 8

You could do pastelish "forest" with a baby laying in a "leaf" carraige with tink "watching" over him/her.

bleckwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bleckwoman Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for all the great ideas. I went to the store today and found a birthday candle with tinker bell on it. I am still not sure if I want to use that or not. I was thinking of the FBCT but I am not sure I will have enough time to try and practice one before I have to make the cake. They want the cake for Wednesday morning. The problem is my husband and I am trying to buy a house and we are in the middle of all the paper work this week. What fun!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 2:03am
post #8 of 8

My business partner did a really cute one. Her CC name is Suebee.G
Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%