Wilton Courses

Decorating By pejmo3 Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 4:10pm by DesignsbyD

pejmo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pejmo3 Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 11:47am
post #1 of 23

Hi everyone, Haven't seen a topic for the Wilton Courses as of yet so I figured I would start one so everyone takeing the couse or thinking of taking the courses can discuss or just show off their pictures. Here are my cakes from course I and II. Sorry they are kinda dark try to do better next time. Can't wait for course III, fondant fun. icon_lol.gif
LL
LL

22 replies
Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 23

Nice job. Your cakes look beautiful. Keep up the good work thumbs_up.gif

mrsrunning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsrunning Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 23

I love seeing the course pictures cause I have not taken any courese yet and all the pictures give me insperation

pejmo3 Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 23

The classes are great, lots of fun, even if you just want to get away for awhile by yourself take the class. You will have fun and learn something about decorating, I really enjoy going, and I drive a hour to go to class. That should tell you how much I enjoy it.

PolishMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PolishMommy Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 1:28am
post #5 of 23

Your roses look really good!

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 1:36am
post #6 of 23

I really enjoyed my classes. I think they were all worth the time and money. I loved course III. It was a great break for a stay at home mom to get out once a week for 3 months.

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 4:24am
post #7 of 23

This was my course II final cake. It's been about a year and a half since I took the courses now though. Just wanted to share my course pics too icon_razz.gif
LL

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 7:04am
post #8 of 23

Melissa- your cake looks great! I just finished Course I last night, I can't wait for Course II!
LL

pejmo3 Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 11:29am
post #9 of 23

Wow ya'll all did so well, the cakes look great,

cerebralchef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerebralchef Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 3:42pm
post #10 of 23

This is my first post on cakecentral... I LOVE THIS SITE! icon_biggrin.gif

I have my final class in Course I tonight. I'll make sure I post the photo.

Does everyone use an acutual cake for their classes or does anyone use cake dummies? If you use dummies, how do you clean them for re-use?

Thanks!

Kristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristy Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 10:15pm
post #11 of 23

I just finished my course I classes...i had private lessons, the other 2 women who signed up never came! I really liked it, and plan on taking the other 2 courses in the next few months.
Here are the cakes I made...
LL
LL
LL

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 10:16pm
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebralchef

Does everyone use an acutual cake for their classes or does anyone use cake dummies? If you use dummies, how do you clean them for re-use?

Thanks!

I use real cakes just because my family likes to eat them. I have used the styrofoam rounds that you can buy at your local craft store. I wrapped them with plastic wrap and then decorated them. That way you can re-use them!

Jess

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 2:34am
post #13 of 23

Where do you take wilton courses? Michaels? I'd love to take a course. The closest Michaels is 50 miles from here and only offers classes during the day! icon_cry.gif

klsunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klsunny Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 2:38am
post #14 of 23

I finished Course III a few weeks ago and I definitely agree that they are worth taking!

For the average baker I think you owe it to yourself to at least take Course I and learn how to bake a real cake and ice it so that it looks edible!! At least that was how I felt about it going into it. I figured I should do it while I was young and my kids are young so that they can at least have nice looking birthday cakes.

Your cakes look great! Keep posting pics because we all love to see them.

nola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nola Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 2:46am
post #15 of 23

I think the Wilton classes are great, you learn a lot.
The key is the instructor and my instructor SUCKS! But she's at the closet Michael's, so I've had to stick with her.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 7:33pm
post #16 of 23

I have enjoyed my wilton courses so much!!!! i looked forward to each class all week long! i learned so many things, and my instructor is wonderful!!!!!! i get to take gum paste flowers from her next!! cant wait!!!!!
i encourage all that havent taken the class yet to do so, i've learned much more than i thought i would.
melody

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 8:04pm
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcakes

Where do you take wilton courses? Michaels? I'd love to take a course. The closest Michaels is 50 miles from here and only offers classes during the day! icon_cry.gif

Michaels is not the only place that does Wilton classes. I actually have a hardware store in my town that has a Wilton Instructor teach one set of classes a year.

Here is a link to find out where the closest classes are near you.
http://www.wilton.com/classes/closestclass.cfm

Hope this helps.

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 1:16pm
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola

I think the Wilton classes are great, you learn a lot.
The key is the instructor and my instructor SUCKS! But she's at the closet Michael's, so I've had to stick with her.

You should call around to the cake stores in your area they usually do the wilton classes. and a lot of them will also give you 10-20% off anything in the store for the entire time you are taking the class.
Have Fun~
~Sweet~ icon_rolleyes.gif

DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 3:30pm
post #19 of 23

I tried to register for class 1 but it was filled
I did take the last spot in class 2 and I start tomorrow
I am so excited, just hope skipping class 1 doesn't pose a problem

I have decorated a little on my own, and have learned so many new techniques her at CC

Wish me luck, I'll post pictures and keep you updated.

Have a good day Denise

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 2:07am
post #20 of 23

When I took courses years ago, they weren't exactly Wilton, but I took them at a cake decorating shop. The shop still offers the classes, but it's too far a way from me to go on a weekly basis. I will, however, be taking the courses at Joann's or Michaels soon..... I'll probably wait until school starts in the fall though.

Debbi

DesignsbyD Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:48am
post #21 of 23

I am so excited, I started course 2 tonight.
The instructor was awsome and we had so much fun.
I skipped course 1 and she asked how I learned on my own
CAKE CENTRAL.COM is the best.....

It was really nice to have a person to talk to and learn from and the other students were great,just a small class of 5.

Can't wait for next Wed.

Denise

ybai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybai Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:22pm
post #22 of 23

I'm new here, have just found this wonderful website! Here is my wilton III final cake from last month.
LL

DesignsbyD Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:10pm
post #23 of 23

What a beautiful cake....Great Job thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%