Whipped Icing

Decorating By MomMom Updated 20 Jul 2007 , 6:21pm by maeliza

MomMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomMom Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 5

I have an order for a cake with whipped icing. Does anyone have a good recipe for a whipped icing? I have not ever worked with whipped icing, can you tell me how it differs from working with buttercream?

Thanks for the help!

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 5

It depends on what they consider 'whipped icing' For a whipped icing, I use a commercial product - Rich's Bettercream or Pastry Pride or Frostin' Price. All three are similar. It comes frozen, you thaw it and whip it. It tastes a bit like Cool Whip and can be used for icing and most decorations. My customers really like it.

Compared to buttercream it is generally much lighter.

lilytexas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilytexas Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 5

I use crema tipo chantilly from Bakemark is not sweet and is really good to work with all my customers love it, see my pic, all the cakes are made with this cream(whip cream).

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 5

SMBC and IMBC are whipped icings and you can use real whipped cream as an icing as well. Again, it just depends on what you mean and what you are using it for.

maeliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maeliza Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 5

I live in Texas so using real cream and butter is sometimes not an option because of the heat factor. I have tried Whipped Cream Buttercream Frosting (http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2019-21-Whipped-Cream-Buttercream-Frosting.html) found right here on CC recipes. People general like whipped icing because it seems less sweet. Getting it completely smooth was an issue for me, other than that it works beautifully. Please read the instructions one time before making it. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%