I'm Soooo Irritated.

Lounge By CakeDiva73 Updated 14 Sep 2006 , 5:36am by butterflyjuju

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 6

I am so irritated right now..... I ordered this 'Lot' on ebay and just got it.

I thought I was getting 2 complete Wilton 4 pan weddding sets ( 2" deep ) and 3 new cake plates.

What I got was 2 wedding sets - 1 1/2" deep and 3 used and yellowing cake plates. icon_cry.gif I am really pi$$ed. Seller seems sweet and innocent - practically a newbie and I got these out the door for $26 but it doesn't help the fact that the cake plates are a bit nasty and I won't use cake pans of that depth. I would have to cook 3 layers to get the height I like....

So that was my rant. I hope you all are having a better day than me icon_mad.gif

5 replies
meghan89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghan89 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 6

Can you try and get your money back? I wouldnt pay for the stuff if it is not what you thought it would be!!! Good luck!!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 12:52am
post #3 of 6

You probably paid by credit card, I would call your credit card company and ask them about doing a chargeback.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 12:57am
post #4 of 6

Do you ebay much?

I do...pm me with the item# if you don't care and I'll take a look at it. If they misrepresented anything, it's their fault.

You may have a deal on your hands.

Good luck!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 3:17am
post #5 of 6

Hi... I re-measured and it looks like they are 1 3/4... which is not 2" and I am pretty picky about that but I am just going to resell them.... if I had paid a bunch of money, I would make a big stink. I am an avid ebay seller so I know what I could do and then get a full refund but I'm sure someone out there will buy them. They are in lovely condition, just not the the full 2" I was looking for. As for the cake plates, I will make do.

Thanks for the posts icon_smile.gif I think I am just tired and don't feel like fighting, ya' know?

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 5:36am
post #6 of 6

I totally understand. I bought a box of character pans. All was said was they were dirty and needed a "bit" of cleaning. The seller put pictures of the best ones. When I got them they were all covered in gum. I asked him about it and he said they were not that way when he sent them. Come to find out he packed them with newpaper and someone had spit their gum into the newspaper. YUCK! And they weren't just a "bit" dirty. They have to be scrubbed like crazy to get clean. But out of all I've got this was the worst. Everything else has been totally awesome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%