You Know You Are Addicted When...

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 13 Sep 2006 , 6:25pm by BakeQueen

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 40

I think I started a thread awhile back similar but I thought it would be fun to do it again.

You know you are addicted to cake decorating when....

*Over half of your kitchen cupboards contain cake pans and supplies

*You spend your Christmas money on new cake toys instead of clothes and shoes

*When your kids think that all the pictures in all your magazines are pictures of potential cakes

*Instead of getting your kids pictures developed you end up with a Walmart envelope full of cake photos

*You do good on your diet...until the weekend. thumbsdown.gif

39 replies
GenesisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenesisCakes Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 40

kitagrl that is so true....

You know you are addicted when someone mention'
s a party and you are already planning how you would do the cake.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 40

You know you're addicted when.....

Windo shopping means snooping at bakeries instaed of a trip to the mall!

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 40

You invent new ways to sneak in new products, because you had to have it.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 40

Every conversation eventually gets turned to cakes.

(that's also really annoying to husbands....)

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 40

You know you're addicted when you get ABSOLUTELY GIDDY when you walk into the cake decorating supply store!!! icon_biggrin.gif

(I'm actually getting giddy just thinking about the store!! LOL!!)

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 40

Everyone buys you cake supplies or gift certificates to buy cake supplies for your birthday/Christmas.

Your young children know what fondant is, how to make mmf & many other cake terms.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:27pm
post #8 of 40

Oooh another one-you keep a sketch pad by the bed for when you dream about a cake and need to sketch it lol.

Oh and another sketch pad in the car & diaper bag lol.

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:29pm
post #9 of 40

I'm right there with you ladies icon_lol.gif

you know you are addicited when the first place you go in the grocery store is the bakery.........to see how they do there roses. icon_lol.gif

and thinking to yourself... I can do a better job then that.....I can't believe they would sell that.... icon_surprised.gif

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:29pm
post #10 of 40

when you look at a treat sent home from school and think "what was this mom thinking?". What I can do to send something cuter and better made so the kids aren't scarred for life--lol.

I am telling you one parent sent home a cookie where the edges were not even cut right with a cutter and slapped on a dollop of hard icing. Like she he stood from the opposite side of the room and flung icing in the direction of the cookies.

I am soo bad! Let the mommy baking wars begin!!! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:31pm
post #11 of 40

Oh, Marksgirl, I do that! I walk straight into a bakery or restaurant that has display stuff and immediately start scrutinizing and criticizing....I'm so bad icon_evil.gif

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:35pm
post #12 of 40

Mine are: You always smell like buttercream. Every where you go people ask "Where's the cake"? Your children start picking out next year's cake the day after their party!

Marksgirl Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:36pm
post #13 of 40

Karateka....what is even worse.....my husband has started doing the same thing. icon_lol.gif

kballew28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kballew28 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:38pm
post #14 of 40

If you're like me, I don't get much work done (my regular day job) b/c I'm tuned in to CC all day. I sit at my desk reading the posts, looking at the pics & day-dreaming about what kind of cake I should bake when I get home.

Marksgirl Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:39pm
post #15 of 40

Aundron....I don't only get GIDDY...I just about wet my pants icon_biggrin.gif

gourmetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetcakes Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:41pm
post #16 of 40

You know you're addicted when you wake up in the middle of the night and the first thing you do is head to the computer and click on Cake Central to see the most recent uploads and forum posts.........Boy, am I addicted..........

Oh, and I agree with EVERYTHING everyone else has said, especially walking by a bakery or shop window and critiquing their work, thinking....I could do so much better or....what were they thinking!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:42pm
post #17 of 40

When your kids (3&7) can tell you more than most adults know about cake decorating. icon_biggrin.gif

When the guys your husband works with finance your practice cakes, they give me money to make cake so they can have a snack but they don't get to pick what I make. icon_twisted.gif

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:42pm
post #18 of 40

When you have folders in your computer with more than 3000 icon_eek.gif pictures of cakes and you keep adding thinking icon_rolleyes.gif " I have to make that one" Can you imagine? may be a life time wouln't be enough!

Or even worse...you have more cake pictures in your Ipod than songs! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:44pm
post #19 of 40

when you tell the kids you will have something for them after a nap and they say yeah cake (and you were thinking about just making them some pudding and cutting up fresh fruit)............so you tell them no cake today and they immediately say yeah cupcakes....again, no cupcakes and they look at up at you with hope in their eyes...cookies????

This just happened yesterday and I realized probably too much baking has been going on.

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:44pm
post #20 of 40

Okay I have a few.
You know you're addicted when...

you look at "anything" a tree, an add in a magazine, a piece of clothing and say "I'd use this pan and this tip and turn it this way to make it this size of a cake"

You can no longer squeeze toothpaste, or spray whipped cream without forming a design or shape.

Your 5 yr old refuses to eat cake unless it's "pretty".

Your husband comes home from work and says there will be a nasty violent fight if you don't send in more practice and soon.

Your grocery list is split into two parts. Basics (1/3 of the page) Baking ingredients (what's left of the page and the back and margines too)

aundron Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:45pm
post #21 of 40

Marksgirl, I told my dH that I wished that I could actually work in the store!!!!

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:46pm
post #22 of 40

HAHAHA, LOL, ROFL, this thread is too funny! And, sadly, TRUE! icon_biggrin.gif

I am guilty of all of the above, just spent my birthday money from my parents ordering cake stuff that I *might* need soon!

My 3 year old knows the term fondant (and LOVES MMF!) and loves to look through cake books and ask me to bake her those cakes. She even pulls out our aprons (we having matching mother/daughter ones) when she sees me start to take out baking stuff.

I can definitely relate to taking home a big pack of digital prints from Target and rushing to take out all of the cake ones before my husband realizes there are 15 of cakes and 5 of our daughter. icon_cool.gif

And don't even get me started on how much time I spend here.... tapedshut.gif

gourmetcakes Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:49pm
post #23 of 40

Oh, speaking of cupcakes......you know you're addicted when you have more frozen cupcakes in your freezer from leftover batter than you have frozen food items.

I used to throw away leftover batter, now I make cupcakes and throw them in a ziplock bag for anyone in the house who has a sweet tooth. Nuke for 15 seconds.......warm, fresh out the oven taste!!!!!

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:50pm
post #24 of 40

You know you're addicted when....

Every package you receive contains cake supplies.

If your at your real job seems to consist of surfing the web for more cake decorating information instead of the actual job you were hired for.

Marksgirl Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:50pm
post #25 of 40

Aundron

I told my DH that I wanted to open a store icon_biggrin.gif

aundron Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:51pm
post #26 of 40

ProjectQueen, I think me and you could be separated at birth; we're both ADDICTED to cake decorating and TARGET!!!!

I looked at my checkbook last week; most of my money went to Target and the cake decorating supply store!! icon_eek.gif

gourmetcakes Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:53pm
post #27 of 40

AMEN BakeQueen.....as I sit here at my "real job" trying to leave for my lunchhour, I should be using this time I am on the computer as my lunchhour! That is addiction!!!!!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:55pm
post #28 of 40

I have a few more:
when you go to the store and the first place you go to is the bakery and your children and hubby in tow tell you "You could do so much better than that" loudly and unashamed.
when you look at your library and see only the family bible and hundreds of cake books and magazines lined up. Ans you still think/know you need more.
when you child calls from England and asks for you to come over to do his childs birthday cake and your husband sends you to get you out of the house.
when your children can decorate better than the bakery in town and they are only 6 and 10.
when your kitchen is way to small for the cake pans you "have to" have run into several other rooms. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifusaribbon.gif

sandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandie Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:55pm
post #29 of 40

You know you are addicted when you have two basic cookbooks and 20 baking and decorating books. Two binders full of recipes for cakes and icing from the internet, along with hints and tips. icon_lol.gif

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:56pm
post #30 of 40

I have a few more:
when you go to the store and the first place you go to is the bakery and your children and hubby in tow tell you "You could do so much better than that" loudly and unashamed.
when you look at your library and see only the family bible and hundreds of cake books and magazines lined up. Ans you still think/know you need more.
when you child calls from England and asks for you to come over to do his childs birthday cake and your husband sends you to get you out of the house.
when your children can decorate better than the bakery in town and they are only 6 and 10.
when your kitchen is way to small for the cake pans you "have to" have run into several other rooms. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifusaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%