Pool Cake- How Do I Make Water?

Decorating By brea1026 Updated 19 Jul 2007 , 6:49pm by brea1026

brea1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea1026 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I am wanting to make a pool cake in a fwe weeks and I wanted to try the technique where you melt sugar and color it then pour it to make it look like water. I know I have seen Duff do it, but as I am not sure what the technique is called I can't find any directions on how to do it. If anyone knows a link or can give me directions I would really really love it!

Thanks!

5 replies
Totally-Frosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Totally-Frosted Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 6

Hi brea,

I did a ccc pool in my photos and I used piping gel. It turned out really well. Just tint the piping gel the color you want and pour it over. Very simple.

Veronica

rsdd108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsdd108 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 6

Same here. Used piping gel. You can vary the shades of blue to give depth.

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 6

You can also melt blue jolly ranchers. Also when I was watching one of the castle challenges, one of the contestants used foil under her piping gel to give it depth when she was making water in her moat.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 6

You can also use jello:

. Prepare gelatin as directed on box for speed-set. When ice cubes are removed, use a 1/4-cup measure or small ladle and slowly fill the pool up to about 1/4 in. from the top. Refrigerate 2 hours or until gelatin is very firm

brea1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea1026 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 6:49pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for the great help! I think I will go with the piping gel for this one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%