I Finally Made Mmf!!!

Decorating By sjm1113 Updated 19 Jul 2007 , 8:39pm by GenGen

sjm1113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjm1113 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:44am
post #1 of 8

icon_biggrin.gif

I can't believe it. I made it just like the tutorial on CC. Didn't turn out. I said I was not going to let this ruin. So, here is what I did: I added about 12-15 more and about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water, put in microwave and let melt for 1 1/2 minutes. I added it to the recipe that looked like cookie batter. (my bowl would not stay on my KA it was so touch) It started mixing and low and behold it worked!!! I now have covered with plastic wrap and in a bowl. I will attempt the cake tomorrow. But I am very proud of myself.

I read all the posts about MMF and look at all of your suggestions and I had to get my nerve up and I DID IT!!!

7 replies
GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:52am
post #2 of 8

i know the feeling. i've made two batches so far.. the first time i forgot the water. the second time i had two ten oz bags and when i weighed them they said 8 each lol.. so since the recipe called for 16oz together i just used both bags. mine was still um.. Soft? when it was done mixing but i think it would have worked ok after i let it rest and kneaded some more ps in it.

sugarandsnails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandsnails Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:02am
post #3 of 8

I have been thinking about trying it but an a little nervous. I have all the ingredience sitting on the counter. I hope mine works out, maybe I will try tomarrow. icon_eek.gif

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:27am
post #4 of 8

I really like MMF. But sometimes my hands really get tired!

meldancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meldancer Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 8

Ok I have done two different batches and they both didn't turn out. The first was with my hand held mixer and I almost burnt that one up. My DH just got me a mixer for our anniversary yesterday. I was so excited that I could finally make MMF and when I added the marshmellow mix to the powdered sugar, all the marshmellow went up the shaft of the beater and stayed there, it wouldn't mix with my powdered sugar. I now have marshmellow up inside where the beaters plug in. I think I just broke my new toy! icon_sad.gif Any advice on what I did wrong?

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 8

I've never had a problem with MMF, and I only use a Tbl of water, and have left it out without problem. I make it by hand and it takes about 15 minutes. I've made 7 batches so far. Perhaps you need a simpler recipe to start? I was given this one as a "beginner's MMF" and I've never changed. It tastes great and people usually eat it.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:49pm
post #7 of 8

I make it all the time, my customers love it. I flavor it with butter/vanilla flavor and add a little salt to cut the sweetness. I have also made Rhonda's chocolate fondant.

I'm afraid to put it in my mixer though, so I make it it small batches.

I'm glad it worked out for you!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:39pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%