My Daughter Hates Her Wedding Cake!!

Decorating By christeena Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 10:46pm by aurasmom

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 2:10am
post #91 of 114

Obviously, I didn;t read through the whole forum!!!

I love the new cake (and I like the colors-a little better) icon_lol.gif

I'm glad she was satisfied with this one lol. And I am so sorry to hear about your hip!!!

Now kick off your shoes, eat some cake, and just tell yourself "someone else has to deal with her now!" icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

Great job!!!

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 2:33am
post #92 of 114

I loved the first one and I love this one too.Iam so happy that it all ended well .Sorry to hear about your hip.

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 2:45am
post #93 of 114

Cakes are awesome..hope you are feeling better with your hip and also hope your daughter and new hubbie have happy life together

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 3:49am
post #94 of 114

Congrats on getting it all done in the face of adversity. Love the redesign, the brighter colors and teal center layer really make the cake more festive (although both are beautiful!). As for the icing, yeah what can you do, I wish fondant peeled off of cake easier so you could enjoy the icing but it just doesn't work that way.

Best wishes for your healing!

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 4:42am
post #95 of 114

Both cakes are BEAUTIFUL! Your hard work really paid off. I too like the all teal middle layer. Hope you're feeling better and that you can get some much needed R&R. icon_wink.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:06am
post #96 of 114

You did an awesome job on both. They are lovely. Glad it all worked out.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:09am
post #97 of 114

You did an awesome job on both. They are lovely. Glad it all worked out.

Sionann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sionann Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 1:53pm
post #98 of 114

Tell her she is grounded! The cake is beautiful. Good luck with the fair. You know how brides can be, I'm sure she is just stressed.

Sionann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sionann Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 1:58pm
post #99 of 114

NO...I didn't read the whole thread...are the forum police around anywhere??...lol. Glad everything worked out and went well.

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 2:51pm
post #100 of 114

You're an awesome mom.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:58am
post #101 of 114

i loved both of the cakes (((eye popping wow factor))) & i'm happy it all worked out BUT.... forget the bridezella thing & think "BRAT" icon_biggrin.gif (& that was for the choc coming off comment she made icon_eek.gif ) and yes i do realized that she was stressed icon_sad.gif but it's over now & don't we ALL know how to scrap icing off fondant & eat it icon_biggrin.gif

AGAIN, LOVE THE CAKES

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 9:53pm
post #102 of 114

Take a bow and some extra strength tylenol mom, you deserve it ! To do such a fantastic job on the cake while in pain & cant stand well earns you the Super Mom award. However, I want to slap your DD for the frosting/fondant comment (please don't be offended). I guess you should've been on the honeymoon to peel the fondant off! There are just some people you cant please....

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 5:26pm
post #103 of 114

Gorgeous, gorgeous cake. I absolutely love the colors.

Now take a deep breath and relax. icon_biggrin.gif Wonderful job.

Torte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torte Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 5:40pm
post #104 of 114

it's beautiful! The colors are so stunning.

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 5:58pm
post #105 of 114

Very beautiful cakes. You did a great job on both. Hope the hip is feeling better.

adriandrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adriandrea Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 6:01pm
post #106 of 114

OMG!! i had the best time reading all this....
Firts at all i will be glad with neither the first or second cake they are both amazing!! the only thing that i agree with your daughter is about the dummy ..... But you CCguys are amazing I promise i´ll come hear for support whenever i feel down icon_razz.gif i have a 5 years old daughter that behaive like a 14 so far she likes what have done for her but i can picture myself in that situation hopefully if i keep doing this.. from here to then i hope i can make a beautiful cake like yours!!
hope your doing fine with your hip... icon_wink.gif

mxdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxdiva Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 6:21pm
post #107 of 114

I love both cakes they look great and you are a great mom!!!!

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 5:34am
post #108 of 114

Everyone I am new to this and I must say this is the greatest thing online!! I love reading about troublesome clients and how we deal with them and now this our own children. God love them...I don't have any but I am raising my neice!! Lord have mercy!!! I love your cake and you are sure to win 1st place!!! Good Luck!!!

sbarri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbarri Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 9:06pm
post #109 of 114

very nice tiered cake...im sure your daughter will apologize after the wedding...probably due to stress before the wedding...good luck... icon_smile.gif

dbax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbax Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:53am
post #110 of 114

My mother always told me everyone loves your stuff until they have to pay for it (she loves to cook for friends and sometimes caters for them)... Sometimes people we know are our hardest clients, especially our children. It's easy for them to complain since they know how far they can push us and that we will love them no matter what.

Both cakes were beautiful!! I want to get married again just to have a modern color scheme, I only remember white and cream for cakes in the eighties

Our children don't even realize how powerful there words and actions are to us, just wait til they have some of their own icon_biggrin.gif
I think I need to go apologize to my mom for my teen years icon_wink.gif

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:04am
post #111 of 114

A beautiful cake.... You can do my wedding anyday!!!!

Family can be a tough pill to swallow at times...
But know that there is NOTHING wrong with this cake!!!!!

khandy830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khandy830 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:21am
post #112 of 114

I just want to say that I'm sorry that you had to go through that! Making cakes can stressful! I hope the second one is to her liking! I don't want to say anything negative about your daughter but she could have tried to be a little more grateful! I assume that you're doing this for free! Besides that, the cake looks grrrrrrrreat! thumbs_up.gif

I use Satin Ice as well, I looooooove the flavor, it's slightly pricey but everyone loves it! When I do dummy cakes, I use Wilton fondant because it is cheaper and I hate it's flavor... and no one will eat the dummy cake ;]

(I only read the 1st page)

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:34am
post #113 of 114

Comparing the 2 cakes just on theircolors, I really really really (really!) like the 2nd choice better. I'm sorry you had to change everything, but I'm glad you both decided to because it is puuurrrty!

aurasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aurasmom Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:46pm
post #114 of 114

I still think the problem was she baked her daughter's wedding cake as a fair entry and not for the most special day of her daughter's life. I am glad everything worked out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%