Coffee Creamer Addition?

Baking By mamatina Updated 24 Jul 2007 , 12:48am by morninggirl

mamatina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamatina Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 15

I have heard about adding the coffee creamer to the cake mixes, in place of what other ingredients? I am a little naive, but I don't understand? Liquid or powder? icon_confused.gif thankx

14 replies
morninggirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morninggirl Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:13am
post #2 of 15

I was getting ready to post a similar question! I have read about how great they are and I am interested in trying out! I am a newbie to cake decorating/making (other than the box stuff).

Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:18am
post #3 of 15

I just made the WASC and substituted 1/3 of the water for liquid white chocolate raspberry creamer.

I haven't tasted it yet but heard it's really good.

HTH

loree001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loree001 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:22am
post #4 of 15

What's WASC?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:23am
post #5 of 15

White Almond Sour Cream cake

cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:23am
post #6 of 15

GIRLS, let me just tell you now. I made a cake last night with the white chocolate raspberry ID liquid creamer in place of half of the water in a DH cake mix. It was THE BOMB!!!! My co-workers polished off an entire 8" cake in less than an hour! I'm running to Wal-Mart to get all the have! icon_biggrin.gif

morninggirl Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:36am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeatty

GIRLS, let me just tell you now. I made a cake last night with the white chocolate raspberry ID liquid creamer in place of half of the water in a DH cake mix. It was THE BOMB!!!! My co-workers polished off an entire 8" cake in less than an hour! I'm running to Wal-Mart to get all the have! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for writing back! What kind of cake--white, yellow--or does it matter? I suppose the white choc rasp creamer would be tasty in a choc cake, too. Just wondering what ya used! icon_smile.gif

Sorry for so many questions!

morninggirl Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:39am
post #8 of 15

Another question....

Can you use powder creamer? I bought some Blueberry Cobbler creamer in powder form and I want to try that in a cake but I am not sure how much to use, or if I should mix it with milk or something first....or if I should stay away from powder altogether!

cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:44am
post #9 of 15

I haven't used the powder form so I'm not sure how it would react. I know there are some threads though that address that. I've used the white chocolate raspberry in a white cake mix. In fact, have one in the oven now icon_smile.gif

morninggirl Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:53am
post #10 of 15

I have been browsing the threads (I can't believe how much time I have spent on this site!) and found one with the powder substitute. I think its 2 tbsp. added to the mix. The thread didn't say to add anything else (egg, water, etc.). I am gonna try it anyway and see how it turns out! What's the worst that couldhappen? LOL It's just cake and I am in experiement mode!

Thanks for the advice!!!! icon_smile.gif

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:02am
post #11 of 15

I just make my regular buttercream with 1/2 C butter and 1/2 C shortening whip and add flavouring and water about 3 tbls and add 1/2 C powdered coffee creamer let it whip to incoroprate and start adding my powdered sugar. I use a lot less powdered sugar with this recipie as it whips up higher and it gives it a lighter less sweet (but still sweet) taste. It has been very popular it does not crust though it remais soft which I like.

littlewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlewoman Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:07pm
post #12 of 15

I tried the white chocolate raspberry and white BC..All I can tell you is wow. My family doesn't even like cake.....I think that are emotional scarred from living with bowls of frosting and batter all their lives.....but boy did those cupcakes disappear. The flavor gets better the longer it sets but my 13 year old said the batter was even wonderful. I am on my way to the store to by Hazelnut creamer for a chocolate cake......can't wait to sample.

mamatina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamatina Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 8:00pm
post #13 of 15

you guys keep giving me so many ideas, I am going to gain weight just trying all these yummy recipes. I just can't get over what a great idea this is.

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 10:24pm
post #14 of 15

okay what about this, French vanilla cake but with what icing can i used regular vanilla Bc or French vanilla bc. Won't that be to much French vanilla flavor.

morninggirl Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 12:48am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormichel

okay what about this, French vanilla cake but with what icing can i used regular vanilla Bc or French vanilla bc. Won't that be to much French vanilla flavor.

I don't have much experience with the coffee creamers..but it seems that you could be quite creative with your french vanilla cake. Maybe a raspberry frosting...or caramel? Just what came to mind....

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%