Cake Decorating Contest

Decorating By cupcakes Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 5:10pm by springlakecake

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 12:31pm
post #1 of 37

Womans Day Magazine is having a cake decorating contest. It is called the silly cake photo contest. Go to www.WOMANSDAY.com and click the link on to the silly cake contest. A great site, they show you past winners and you can print out their cakes and directions or enter yourself. You can enter from July 10 until August 10. I know that someone from Cake Central can win this contest!!! It says the prize is a $400.00 camera.
Good Luck!!!!

36 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 37

OMG! "Silly" is not the word for those gorgeous cakes! Many I've seen before ... or seen knock-offs of the ideas. Anyhow, some of you people have similar cakes in our galleries and should enter them!

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 37

I entered my piggy bank cake, but I don't think I will win. I only have 20 something votes and there is a cake on there with over 500 already! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

jwong9664 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwong9664 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:58am
post #4 of 37

good luck reese! icon_biggrin.gif i posted my penguin playground pic and have only gotten 50 something votes icon_redface.gif i'm starting to think that some people don't want to shuffle through all of the pics... i wish the contest had more exposure for sure! that's insane about the cake with over 500 votes! good luck once again, your cake is too cute!

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:01am
post #5 of 37

maybe that person w/500 votes keeps voting for themselves..LOL

reesesob Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:05am
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Quote:

maybe that person w/500 votes keeps voting for themselves..LOL

I think they are!! icon_cry.gif All you have to do is clear you computers cookies to revote... thumbsdown.gif
BUT I want to win because people really voted for me not cuz I voted a million times for myself! icon_rolleyes.gif
I just find it wierd that all the other cakes have less then 100 votes but there are 2 will 500+. icon_surprised.gif

jwong9664 If I havdn't entered I would totally vote for yours!!! I freakin love it! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!! party.gif

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:10am
post #7 of 37

Oooohhh, I'm going to look...

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:10am
post #8 of 37

post links and ill vote on yalls..give yall an extra vote icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:13am
post #9 of 37

good luck to all that enter.

aroostookcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aroostookcakes Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:27am
post #10 of 37

The ones that have 500 votes shouldn't. I personally liked the piggy bank and penquin cakes alot better. By looking at the winning photos apparently you need to do a teddy gragham cake. I'm trying to think for what occasion I can do a piggy bank cake cause I thought that was really cute.

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:29am
post #11 of 37

It does say that you can't vote for yourself and your family can't vote for you . . . how would they know if your family voted for you?

mthiberge Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:42am
post #12 of 37

I entered my gnome home cake...fingers crossed!!!
There was quite a few CC cakes on there I noticed...I bet someone from CC takes the cake!...I mean camera...LOL

Mine hasn't been uploaded yet...I'll post a link tomorrow thumbs_up.gif , I'll take every vote I can get icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

MamaBerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaBerry Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:49am
post #13 of 37

Those people are Cake Mutants!

Those are beautimus cakes not silly.

I'll be sittign here in the corner wishing that the cake fairy grants me the ability to not suck so bad at making cakes. LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 6:01am
post #14 of 37

Hey - thanks for the link.

jwong9664 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:23pm
post #15 of 37

aww...thanks reese and to everyone. i always know that i can sign on here to get my spirits up lol! i just love how everyone is so supportive of everyone else icon_biggrin.gif as for the winning cakes... i wonder if they will be disqualified or something. i just can't get my head around how they would legitimately get that many votes!! good luck to all who entered, there are some fantastic cakes out there thumbs_up.gif

ps. the direct link to vote is:

http://sillycakescontest.womansday.com/Default.aspx?directory=747&sortorder=Ascending&dirsortorder=Ascending&page=10http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/misc/logout.html?myuseridjs=10180184

just in case any of you want to help us out lol! good luck once again guys!

LittleLinda Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:56pm
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesob

I entered my piggy bank cake, but I don't think I will win. I only have 20 something votes and there is a cake on there with over 500 already! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Your piggy bank is adorable! Ya, you gotta wonder about 500 votes! But, just having your cake on the site for so many viewers is a great honor!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:17pm
post #17 of 37

I entered two cakes, I dont know if we were allowed to, but I saw some other people did. I uploaded them yesterday, but I didnt see it today. How long does it take to post them? It would be fun if a cc'er won. I agree though I wouldnt want to win because I voted for myself a zillion times. It just wouldnt feel like much of a compliment! I entered my yellow duckie cake and Abracadabra cake!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=690863

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=517453

I did notice a few cc cakes! I love the piggy bank cake, I am sure it will do well! I also saw cakesunleashed there!

reesesob Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:24pm
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLinda

But, just having your cake on the site for so many viewers is a great honor!

Thanks, I completely agree and now I can say I have entered 1 contest!

Jenni, you and I are both on page 10.

Merissa, mine only took about 4 hours to upload, but there were only about 50 pictures uploaded then. I would say your cakes should be there by the end of today. AND BTW I LOOOOOOOOOVE your abracadabra cake! Was it difficult to make?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

springlakecake Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:27pm
post #19 of 37

Okay thanks I will check it again later! Thanks for your comments about my cake. It wasnt too hard except when it came time to do the ears. I made them out of gumpaste and tried to stick them in. I went outside and when I came back they had broken and fallen off. I ended up making them out of craft foam as a last resort, but it was easy that way!

LittleLinda Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:55pm
post #20 of 37

It's a shame about the couple cakes with over 500 votes. They're not that great that they should have SO MANY MORE than all the others. Sounds fishy. Enough to put a red flag out to the moderators!

Jenny, your penguin cake is adorable!

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:24pm
post #21 of 37

Well,I tried my luck too.I never tried this before,but this time I figured why not.I entered my Puppy dog in a basket cake.We will see what happends.
jwong9664 you got my vote.Your cake is really cute.Good Luck to you and mthiberge.

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:31pm
post #22 of 37

Oops,I didn't realize there is two pages to this thread.I didn't mean to leave the rest of you guys out.Merrisa after seeing that you have entered too.I had said goodbye to the $400 camera already.There is no way I could even begin to compeete with you.I just wish that anybody from CC could win.It would still be as if I had won.
Good Luck to you all.

infields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infields Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:20pm
post #23 of 37

Thanks for the link. I entered my puppy and kitten cakes.

springlakecake Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:38pm
post #24 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lejla

Oops,I didn't realize there is two pages to this thread.I didn't mean to leave the rest of you guys out.Merrisa after seeing that you have entered too.I had said goodbye to the $400 camera already.There is no way I could even begin to compeete with you.I just wish that anybody from CC could win.It would still be as if I had won.
Good Luck to you all.

Oh you are sweet, but you certainly have a great chance with the puppy cake! It is awesome! so lifelike!

LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:42pm
post #25 of 37

jwong9664 I jsut voted for you, I will get to everyone else though the day.

please if you like my hot tub cake please vote for me.

thank you.

On left side of page

http://sillycakescontest.womansday.com/Default.aspx?directory=747&sortorder=Ascending&dirsortorder=Ascending&page=12

jwong9664 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:20pm
post #26 of 37

OMG guys! i just looked and the count of entered cakes went from 136 last night to over 200 today lol! i can def. see all of the talent that cc'ers are bringing to the contest! thanks thanks thanks to all who voted, i'm about to make my rounds as well (had to go to lowes and take advantage of the misprint on the KA's) icon_biggrin.gif good luck to everyone and thanks again for all of the sweet comments!

mthiberge Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:51pm
post #27 of 37

Here's my link...second down on the right...

http://sillycakescontest.womansday.com/Default.aspx?directory=747&sortorder=Ascending&dirsortorder=Ascending

Thanks all!! SO MANY BEAUTIFUL CAKES!!!

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 11:31pm
post #28 of 37

Thanks for the site! I just entered my monkey princess,but it's not posted yet. You're all right about there not being enough exposure for this contest and the voting seems a little off icon_confused.gif Good luck to us all!

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 12:45am
post #29 of 37

hmm that doesn't seem very fair for thsoe who enter the contest later that some people get the upperhand in the voting .... seems to me that they should open the voting once all the cakes are submitted.

Good luck to those of you who entered icon_smile.gif

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:54am
post #30 of 37

Wow.....between all the cakes I've seen here that all of you do. They are all so breathtaking!!!! Theres no way I could ever enter a contest. Even the cakes on Womans day are out of my league!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%