Confession I Dont' Think I'm Normal.

Decorating By agroeve Updated 17 Jul 2007 , 10:16pm by FromScratch

agroeve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agroeve Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 47

okay here goes. my confession to you all is ..................I DON'T LIKE CAKE. i've been coming to this site for a few months now and i feel like such a fraud......... i love baking cakes and get excited when i decorate them but i hate tasting them as they all taste yucky to me. my family love me more than ever as i use them as my official tasters. c'mon tell me i'm not the only one on here that doesn't like eating cake.

46 replies
Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 47

I think you might be alone on that one! At least with me, I could eat cake until I popped!

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 47

I'm not sure about "normal" but that sure would help the waistline! I have to sample everything I make and, I must say that's not the greatest thing for keeping a girly figure!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 47

cake is good
pie is better
chocolate -- perfection (which would include brownies -- fudge style)

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 47

mmmmm!!!! Brownies! I'm hungry now!

greyhoundlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greyhoundlover Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 47

Agroeve

You're not the only one! I don't really like cake either! Never really have. My husband asks me why I decorate cakes when I don't like eating them.

Sheri

Quebeccakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Quebeccakes Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:07pm
post #7 of 47

I think it's all in the tastebuds! My brother doesn't really care for cake. He will eat it, think it's good, but when we were children, his birthday cake was actually a huge (more than 2 lbs) apple pie! I, on the other hand, am a cake girl: I like cookies and pies, but when I really want something special, I look for a cake!

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:08pm
post #8 of 47

icon_smile.gif I don't like cake either! I make my husband taste everything. icon_smile.gif For my birthday I always ask for a cookie cake or Oatmeal Pie. You're not alone!!!!!!!!!! I love to bake and decorate, but I think if I had to eat buttercream, I might just gag. Ha! Must be from smelling it so much.

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:09pm
post #9 of 47

agroeve you poor thing icon_cry.gif I think you are alone on this one!! but I'm sure your hubby loves it because you can keep a figure, not like some of us. Now I feel like we have been SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY???? icon_lol.gif
(JUST KIDDING) oh well, nothing you can do about that...enjoy decorating them then.

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:09pm
post #10 of 47

you're not alone!!!! icon_biggrin.gif i don't care so much for it either... never been much of a cake person. i have developed a weakness when it comes to my chocolate fudge cake though.... and strawberry cake with chocolate frosting is pretty tasty... ok... maybe i do like cake.... icon_lol.gif.... guess i'm a cake snob, only preferring certain flavors! icon_redface.gif hmmm... my dd is on your side for sure.. gave her a chocolate cupcake after she had lunch today.. licked all the icing off, that cupcake was spotless... and then she was done. icon_rolleyes.gif

moochy720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moochy720 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:11pm
post #11 of 47

You are not alone! I LOVE cake but my friend who also decorates cakes doesn't like cake. Every once in a great while she'll have a forkful of cake, and only if she made it (she claims she wants to make sure we're not telling her it's yummy when it's not.) icon_razz.gif

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:11pm
post #12 of 47

I like cake okay, just don't care for the icings! Give me some plain hot cake from the oven, no icings or frills! thumbs_up.gif

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:14pm
post #13 of 47

i'm not a huge cake fan either.....i can eat it if there's a ton of ice cream to mix it in icon_lol.gif but i HATE icing! especially buttercream!!! ppl ask me the same thing......how can u not like cake and b a decorator?! icon_biggrin.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:15pm
post #14 of 47

i think with me i'm more tired of cake then not liking it lol i do like a very good one t hough... and thats usually one Not made by me lol.

i adore cheesecake; made by me or anyone else though i'm sure others make them better lol..

a good pie is scrumptious. can't turn that down...

but here's where i'm weird. i love a good chocolate but i dont like the standard milk chocolates. their too sweet and the solids that are in them to me are too hard and waxy like. I do however adore a good swiss chocolate as its not as hard and much more creamier (yes not very well put but well said icon_wink.gif ) lol

I recently found some Yummy dark and extra dark chocolates at walmart by hersheys.. something decadent to fix those cravings when i dare give in to them...

but here's My confession... i like the flavor of chocolate but I don't like brownies. to me their not really "chocolate"

I guess its the texture.. maybe.. i'm not quite sure.. i know in the world of chocolate- not liking brownies is almost scandalous lol but i finally admitted i don't like brownies

RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:15pm
post #15 of 47

You're not alone! I taste when I make something new. Once I know I've got it down, I probably will never eat it again. I have lots of guinea pigs though. I'd rather have ice cream!

buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:15pm
post #16 of 47

I don't mind cake, but would definitely choose something else if the options were there...mmmmm....cheesecake or just plain chocolate... or my ultimate fav is creme brulee...mmmmm

As with others above, my husband is also the official taster of my cakes.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:18pm
post #17 of 47

I like cake but I don't eat as much as I did when I started making cakes. And when I do eat a ton of cake it's a special flavor or filling.

I've been spending alot of time making sugar cookies lately and I won't touch one of those for anything and my husband doesn't like them either, I do like the dough. I've been trying to lose some weight so making them instead of cake has helped, I feed some to my kids and send the rest other places. shhh.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:21pm
post #18 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen

i think with me i'm more tired of cake then not liking it

Agree. It's burn out. After all the tons of cake I've made over the years, cake is just not a top priority for my taste buds.

But I'm an icing snob. The only icing i like is mine. icon_cool.gif If there's cake or cupcakes at a pitch in, I will scrape the icing off before i eat the cake, on the rare occassions that I actually take a piece of cake.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:23pm
post #19 of 47

I wish I wasnt normal. I love cake. I'd rather be not normal and 15 pounds lighter.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:23pm
post #20 of 47

I'm sorry but I don't trust ONE of you who don't like cake! icon_surprised.gif There is something wrong with you! icon_confused.gif I don't think you are from Earth. icon_eek.gif You scare me! icon_lol.gif

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:26pm
post #21 of 47

For me it depends what cake i bake..mostly i eat cake from other bakeries...my friends love my cake...vanilla cake...I hate it...I Taste it but dont love. If its a choclate cake or black forest i make...i really try it on the next day...not on the same day. I dont eat while cooking...

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:27pm
post #22 of 47

you say "I don't think I'm normal" like it's a bad thing icon_biggrin.gif

I embrace my abnormality fully.
icon_lol.gif I make mini cheesecakes all day everyday (it seems) and I can't stand em so there you go icon_smile.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:44pm
post #23 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by agroeve

okay here goes. my confession to you all is ..................I DON'T LIKE CAKE. i've been coming to this site for a few months now and i feel like such a fraud......... i love baking cakes and get excited when i decorate them but i hate tasting them as they all taste yucky to me. my family love me more than ever as i use them as my official tasters. c'mon tell me i'm not the only one on here that doesn't like eating cake.

I don't know, I don't find it all that odd. It's truly an art form for many and an expression of creativity. If you really think about it, we're the only artists expected to eat their creation!

... I wish I was "abnormal" lol

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:53pm
post #24 of 47

I am the same, love baking, decorating but rather see other people eat the cake. I love sweet yeasted cakes though, but I guess that is more like bread. When I was a kid I would have Creme Caramel or Jello with candles instead of cake. So agree with previous poster, must just be in your tastebuds.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 8:00pm
post #25 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by culinarycreations

I like cake okay, just don't care for the icings! Give me some plain hot cake from the oven, no icings or frills! thumbs_up.gif

that's similar to my favorite. while i do like icings, my favorite was always to sit down with my dad and a cake that just came out of the oven. slather some butter on top (as if there's not enough already), and gobble it down!!! LOTS OF MILK!!!

somehow i still managed to stay a size 3...but then i met my husband, had my daughter, and most recently, my newest friends, the members of my local "curves". icon_redface.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 8:03pm
post #26 of 47

I can take cake or leave it....my weakness is a good hot oatmeal raisin pecan cookie OH YUMMMM!

agroeve Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 8:26pm
post #27 of 47

wow. never thought i'd get a response like this to my post. i feel sooooooo much better about myself now. spongemomsweatpants your right. . . i usually love being different but people compliment me on a cake i've made for them and then look at me all weird when i say i dont like cake. kinda gave me a complex like i was lying. anyway as for the figure sorry there are many things that spoil my waistline. my favorite being gum sweets like cola bottles etc.

agroeve Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 8:27pm
post #28 of 47

wow. never thought i'd get a response like this to my post. i feel sooooooo much better about myself now. spongemomsweatpants your right. . . i usually love being different but people compliment me on a cake i've made for them and then look at me all weird when i say i dont like cake. kinda gave me a complex like i was lying. anyway as for the figure sorry there are many things that spoil my waistline. my favorite being gum sweets like cola bottles etc.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 8:44pm
post #29 of 47

I wish i did!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 8:50pm
post #30 of 47

I may be even more strange.......I don't have a sweet tooth at all! I'll have one piece of cheesecake a year, and/or one piece of carrot cake a year, and them I'm done! I will take 1-2 bites of my husband's cake when we're at a wedding, party, etc., then I'm done. I love chocolate, but I seldom eat it/don't crave it. I don't like sodas, either. Give me water, iced tea or a glass of wine. That's it!
I love to play with food though, which is why I got into decorating! My life as an English teacher consists of grading, reading, writing, researching, etc. (which I LOVE!), but the creative side of my brain was turning to mush! So, cake decorating, and now photography, are my creative endeavors/outlets. Most importantly, I'm having fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%