Help!!! Ideas Needed-Small 50Th B-Day

Decorating By Chicklets Updated 17 Jul 2007 , 8:03pm by alibugs

Chicklets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chicklets Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for a small cake for a 50th birthday. She wants a small yellow cake with chocolate icing and wants it "girly". Today her husband calls and asked if I could incorporate two yellow roses on it (they represent her two son's and he always sends her two yellow roses) and the phrase 50 and fabulous. I don't have a lot of time and want to make it very simple (it has to be done Friday am as we are leaving on vacation) but my mind keeps coming up with very complex cakes. Any ideas to make a girly, chocolate iced cake that highlights two yellow roses?

Thanks so much for your help!

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 4

can you do more of a large rosebud shape?

then you could do a square cake and on the diagonal (upper left rosebuds to lower right stem ends) place two long stem yellow roses, with a simple icing bow.

and "Still Fabulous at 50! Happy Birthday"

split the message -- fabulous to left of stems, HBday to right

Chicklets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chicklets Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 4

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I had not thought of a square cake! That makes the design much more simple and I don't have to try and squeeze everything on it! You are great, Doug!!!

Thanks!

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 4

How about around the side of the cake some flowers and a fence. On top you could make a rose bush with two roses of the bush.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%