Found A Relative Cake

Decorating By chloe1979 Updated 17 Jul 2007 , 5:30pm by leily

chloe1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chloe1979 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:43am
post #1 of 6

Long story short, this family's mother secretly gave up a baby when she was sixteen, and all the family found each other and they are going to meet at the end of the month for the first time. This lady is bringing her family (kids, hubby) back with her for this occasion, but I have NOOOO clue what to write on the cake!! Any good ideas? It is the end of this month....

5 replies
AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:49am
post #2 of 6

Some of the more talented decorators might have a better answer than me but I would simply write "Welcome." I think it is a simple warm message.

Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:41am
post #3 of 6

you could do a tree cake and have an additional branch put on it... and something like... "welcome to the_____ family tree".... or "we went out on a limb to find you"....

ok so they're a bit corny... :p

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:49am
post #4 of 6

Feefs, I like your idea!

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 6

What about "Happy Family?" Makes me think of Chinese food...icon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 6

Personally I do not know if I would write anything on the cake unless the family has asked you too. I would do a nice cake, whether it is summery, or a gift cake(family is a gift etc...), garden with flowers...

I would speak with the family on what their feelings are about it, it is a very emotional time and sometimes simple is better

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%