Perfect Pear Wedding Cake

Decorating By Bettycrockermommy Updated 20 Jul 2007 , 3:41am by maryjsgirl

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 2:51am
post #1 of 12

Hello friends,

I got a request today from a potential customer to make what she describes as a "perfect pear " wedding cake. She says that she saw it on a show on the Style network called "Who's wedding is it, anyway?". She described it to be 3 or 4 tiers, stacked with brown branches weaving up the sides with pears and pink roses made of icing. Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken, New Jersey.

Have any of you seen this show or seen a cake similar to what I am describing? I would love to be able to make this cake for her, but I don't even know if it is something within my skill level.

Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Vicki

11 replies
TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 3:52am
post #2 of 12

is it this one?

http://www.brides.com/weddingstyle/cakes/gallery/editorspick/detail/134111/?offset=12&page=2

HTH, Tamra

well, actually I just reread your post and it says pink flowers and this one doesn't. but it is the only one i could find by Carlo's bakery.

writer_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writer_mom Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 12

Sorry, I couldn't find a picture of it online. However, you could use the link Trisser gave as guidance, as well as the following link to Carlo's bakery as ideas on how it looked.

http://www.carlosbakery.com/wedding_cakes3.html

I think the wedding cake on bottom row far right looks similar to how the branches and the pink blossoms were arranged on the cake that the bride saw on the show. The branches were a bit thicker and there were light green pears placed similar to where the large pink and green roses are on the cake. I think the blossoms were made of gumpaste, but you could probably make similar ones with royal icing.

I hope that helps.

writer_mom Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 12

I was also looking through the galleries to see if anyone did a pear and blossom wedding cake and I found this lovely cake done by gracefull:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=321593

Bettycrockermommy Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:27am
post #5 of 12

writer_mom,

Did you see the show? I wish I had known about it! I only heard about it yesterday when my potential customer called me.

TRisser, I love your avatar! Thanks both of you for your help!
I'll let you know how it goes.

Vicki

bitofsnshn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bitofsnshn Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:49am
post #6 of 12

i saw the show and from what i remember it was more like the cake that writer_mom posted. I might be wrong, but the pears where a tad bit larger on the show, but the cake she posted is basically the same concept.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 3:13am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitofsnshn

i saw the show and from what i remember it was more like the cake that writer_mom posted. I might be wrong, but the pears where a tad bit larger on the show, but the cake she posted is basically the same concept.

I also saw the show and i agree with you. That's the way I remember it.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:24am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortcakesSweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitofsnshn

I also saw the show and i agree with you. That's the way I remember it.

Are you meaning the cake she posted made by gracefull? That is a beautiful cake! I think it may be similar to what my bride is looking for.

writer_mom Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 12

Vicki,

I did see the show and the cake was very similar to the one I found that was done by gracefull. However, as bitofsnshn said, the pears were a bit longer - they were shaped more like the pears in the picture that TRisser linked to.

I hope that helps!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 7:36pm
post #10 of 12

I emailed the picture to the bride and she loves it. What would you typically charge for something like this? Gracefull says that it is 6-8-10-14. I am really bad at pricing, so I could definitely use some help on this one.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 7:47pm
post #11 of 12

I emailed the picture to the bride and she loves it. What would you typically charge for something like this? Gracefull says that it is 6-8-10-14. I am really bad at pricing, so I could definitely use some help on this one.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:41am
post #12 of 12

Here is a cake from another bakery with a similar design.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%