Question About Fbct

Decorating By pavigiri Updated 28 Jun 2005 , 12:04pm by pavigiri

pavigiri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pavigiri Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 3:37am
post #1 of 3

Hi!
I am going to try FBCT for the first time and I have got the instructions. I'm going to try Squirrely Cake's recipe for the buttercream for the transfer. My question is will it be ok to make it the previous day itself and freeze it overnight. Also once put on the cake (i'm making a cupcake cake) should it be refrigerated (I'm afraid the colors will run - as it's going to be 80 F atleast)? I'm making it on tueday afternoon and it will be picked up on tuesday evening as the cake is for wednesday morning Looking forward to all your experienced suggestions. Thank you.

2 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 7:58am
post #2 of 3

yes, transfers are usually better the more froze they are...I dont know squirrelys recipe, but I am sure it will be fine. as for refridgerating I cant say that would be necessary...I put a cake decorated in the fridge brought it out and it was fine, but I found the frosting to be "hard" to cut a straight piece of cake..... either way should be ok!

pavigiri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pavigiri Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 12:04pm
post #3 of 3

Thankyou flayvurdfun - I'm going to work on it today so I'm hoping everythings going to turn out ok.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%