Big Questions - Excited - But Is It Too Much?

Decorating By naotter Updated 9 Sep 2006 , 2:07am by naotter

naotter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naotter Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 8

I have the opportunity to buy 5 large totes filled with cake pans, 4 boxes of plates & pillars. This includes the octagon, hearts, circle, 1/2 circle, square, oval, rectangle, 2 piano kits even a 3 feet castle frame for a cake as well as other shaped cake boards & stands. Plus 1 pink fountain, and 2 crystal clear fountains. The cost for this is $400. I checked the pans out - the are in great condition, excellent. Is this too much? My husband says go for it, but I am afraid it is too much. Oh, the castele stand lights up as well as a few other stands.

Thanks in advance.

7 replies
frider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frider Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 8

Your cakes are certainly good enough to warrant the expense. I suppose the question is whether the value of the contents are $400 or not. If you already have some of those things, then they are not worth buying. If you don't, then why not go for it? You seem to have the talent.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 8

those two piano kits often go for near $100 EACH on ebay!!

and a 3 foot castle frame! - oh my -- I couldn't even begin to price such a thing.

are the octa/heart/round/square/oval/rectangle complete sets??? then those would be about $30 each at least or $210+ total if new.

fountains new would be about $70 each and you have 3 so that's another $210.

so far have:
pianos $150 say
pan sets $210
founatins $210

already $570 and still other pans and things to go.

----------

dang, if you aren't going to take if for $400 --- I'm sure there's lots of us here that want that address!!!

---------

GO FOR IT -- RUN FOR IT --- NOW!

naotter Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the input - I only have a 5 round pans, the petal pans and 4 square. So, I don't have much of a supply of pans. I also only have 2 pillar sets and no floating stand sets. So in other words - a very basic and small amount of supplies.

I guess I am going to take - not like you had to twist my arm too much. icon_biggrin.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 8 Sep 2006 , 1:28am
post #5 of 8

Doug is sooooo right about the piano set on ebay.... the good thing is even if you end up with doubles and can't really use them or have no need for them, you can sell them on ebay to help offset the price.. sounds like a deal at $400 but I know I would be checking around just to make sure too icon_smile.gif

cheffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheffie Posted 8 Sep 2006 , 7:29am
post #6 of 8

Take it and if you dont I will be more than happy to relieve you of the burden. icon_lol.gif Cheffie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 1:40am
post #7 of 8

What's a piano kit?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

naotter Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 2:07am
post #8 of 8

Ok - In case you all are wondering - I got it. And boy - was it a lot of stuff. I have a canversion van - and I had to make 2 trips. I haven't gone through everything yet, but that is my plans for tomorrow - unless I get distract with cub scouts again.

As far as the panio kit - it is a pan in the shape of a baby grand with the plate and pillars shaped liked leggs. If you go to the gallery you can do a shearch on piano - there are few pics of pianos but the kit is one with it raised & has the bench.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%