Ideas For A 9 Year Old Girls Birthday Party???

Decorating By alicia_froedge Updated 7 Sep 2006 , 3:29pm by erimsy

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to do a birthday cake for my best friends niece. The Grandmother asked me to come up with some design. She doesn't have much to go on other than she's into Bratz. I am thinking diva look....pink camo or leopard print. Any other ideas???? I have not a clue as to what a nine year old is into.

I did her cousin's birthday cake last month. ....The hula girl in my photos. I would like to WOW this little girl and make something really special. HELP CC!!!!

5 replies
alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 6

anyone??

cakesbyjackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjackie Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 6

I did a basic sheet cake with Bratz figures for a 9year old last year. Nothing spectucular though, but the mom wanted to use the figures and I was just getting into doing cakes for "others" (as in other than family!)
Check out the Wilton yearbooks. There is a cake, but I can't remember if it's this year or last, that is a stacked fondant cake that says "Girls Rule" and has cutouts on it. I'm doing that for that little girl this year, for her 10th birthday.
9 is a hard age...they're too big for princesses and fairytales, but they still want something fun.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 6

Here is the design I am getting ready to do for my daughter's birthday next weekend. Maybe it will give you inspiration!
LL

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 6

I recently did a slumber party cake for my granddaughters 11th birthday party. It was a huge hit. Very easy to make too.

erimsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erimsy Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 6

you could check out wiltons celebrate with fondant you can make the dream doll house, my neice who is turning 8, wants it for her birthday, i suppose 8 and nine there isnt much difference in taste. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%