I Got The Fondant Blues.....

Decorating By DawnRenae Updated 15 Jul 2007 , 11:31pm by DawnRenae

DawnRenae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DawnRenae Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 6

icon_cry.gif This was my second time using MMF. I don't have the proper tools that I need for doing this but I figured I could improvise. It just seems like what could go wrong, did. It kept sticking no matter what I did and tearing when I would try to put it on the cake. I couldn't make anything work the way I wanted it to. It was suppose to be all white fondant and I was going to pipe on some black and red flowers. Something simple just to play around with. Only half the white ended up on the cake. O.k. I will just use another color to cover the other half. That ended up looking like poo. I didn't finish it. I was getting way too frustrated icon_mad.gif ! Thanks for listening icon_cry.gif
LL
LL

5 replies
sable905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sable905 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 6

I don't think it looks bad at all. I know it wasn't your original plan, but I like the two tone. It looks like you wanted it that way icon_biggrin.gif My MMF can get pretty sticky too, I just keep dusting with corn starch and it seems to help thumbs_up.gif

Eggshells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eggshells Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 6

well , actually it's kinda nice! use some of those blue flowers in the white area and you can use the remaining white area to write a simple sentiment

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 6

Maybe you got a special camera that hides all the flaws?

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's quite lovely.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Maybe you got a special camera that hides all the flaws?

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's quite lovely.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I totally agree with all4cake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can really say is, keep practicing. I know it sucks but, it does get better. thumbs_up.gif

DawnRenae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DawnRenae Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks guys, you are too sweet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%