Transporting Ice Cream Cone Cakes??

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 16 Jul 2007 , 1:35am by adawndria

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 8

I plan on making ice cream cone cakes for my son's birthday...the kind you bake right in the cone. But I will need to transport the cones somehow. Does anyone have any suggestions?? The only thing that comes to mind is glueing some plastic/paper cups to a cake board and putting them inside the cups icon_confused.gif but I don't even know if I could glue the cups.

Help!!

7 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 8

Try cutting X/s in an upside down shirt box. Press the "X" in so that you have circles, and the sides dgo down into the open part of the box. Slide the cones into thos X's Put the shirt box inside of your cake box. Make sense?

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Try cutting X/s in an upside down shirt box. Press the "X" in so that you have circles, and the sides dgo down into the open part of the box. Slide the cones into thos X's Put the shirt box inside of your cake box. Make sense?

I'll have to try your method. I tried transporting those to my son's school and it was a disaster.

Kate714 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 8

that sounds like an awesome idea!! thank you...I think it will work!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 8

Your welcome! Good luck!

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 12:22am
post #6 of 8

You can also put a little blob of icing on the bottom of your serving plate under each cone (if you're not serving them out of the box). I made these for the 4th, tried to carry a tray very carefully with the cones on top. Of course, about two inches off the counter, they all crashed into each other and since I was using store bought icing (I know, shame on me), the icing slid right off. Easy to recover, and none of my friends will pass up a cupcake just because the icing isn't perfect!

Kate714 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 1:25am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by adawndria

You can also put a little blob of icing on the bottom of your serving plate under each cone (if you're not serving them out of the box). I made these for the 4th, tried to carry a tray very carefully with the cones on top. Of course, about two inches off the counter, they all crashed into each other and since I was using store bought icing (I know, shame on me), the icing slid right off. Easy to recover, and none of my friends will pass up a cupcake just because the icing isn't perfect!

thank you...this might work in combo with the box idea but I don't think the BC under each cone will keep them up in a car ride icon_biggrin.gif

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 1:35am
post #8 of 8

Combo is definitely the best...otherwise you'd have cupcake cones all over the car!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%