Need Glamour Girl Ideas

Decorating By msauer Updated 7 Sep 2006 , 4:04am by KimAZ

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 4

I have been approached by a client about supplying her store with Glamour Girl cakes on a continuing basis. She is not happy with the current supplier's cake (9 x13 w/ little airbrushing and plastic accessories). She likes the idea of a more exciting shape...a little more "ooohhh-aaahhh"
So, I proposed the idea of a cake shaped like a mirror (in lieu of her ideas like lips or shoes- I don't want to carve if I don't have to), maybe surrounding it w/ fondant accessories, etc. Any ideas out there on how to execute this? Oval pan with fondant overlay painted silver? Should I go for a hand held mirror instead- if so, what about the handle?

HHHHEEEELLLLPPPPPP!! This sample cake could lead to a ton of business for me!!!!

Thanks!
-Michelle

DDDDDDDOOOOOUUUUUUUUGGGGGGG- you out there?????????

3 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrboop Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 4

You could make the handle out of gum paste. How about if you made the 9x13 cake and make it look like a make up tray and put FBCT of lipsticks and other glamour girl stuff on it.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 4:04am
post #4 of 4

My first thought was maybe some purse cakes although you do have to do a little shaping or carving depending on the shape of the purse. I have done a couple with chocolate and fondant accessories. Take a peek in my profile at the zebra striped purse. That one was just a 1 layer, 8" round cut in half and stacked side by side. So it was simple to do.

Or maybe another idea is the "spa" type cake. It's just a sheet cake but has detailed accessories. Again, in my profile with the mask with cucumbers on the eyes and a towel head wrap with accessories. ( not my original idea as I saw it made by someone else here at CC)

Hope that helps.
KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%