My Cake Picture On Someone Else's Website!! - Any Of Yours?!

Decorating By cakesbyallison Updated 16 Jul 2007 , 9:35pm by stephanie214

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 1:40am
post #1 of 175

It was recently brought to my attention, by another CC member, that one of my cake photo's is posted on someone else's website (right on the home page): www.mycakeexpressions.com

I did not give permission to this individual nor was I asked if they could use it. I have since requested that it be removed, but have not received a response. Not only is this completely false advertising, but totally unprofessional. It does not state anywhere that the photo's on her site, are anyone else's but hers... I also recognized a couple other cakes there, that belong to another decorator... I thought I'd give her ample time to respond to me, and remove my picture, but since that's not the case - thought you guys might want to check it out, and see if any belong to you.

174 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:07am
post #2 of 175

OMG! I found one of mine on there! And it's not even what I consider one of my best ones!

Ok...gotta admit I'm a little complimented by it, and it's the first time I've discovered one of mine has been put on another website, but I'm zapping out an email right now.

It's the principle of the thing.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:12am
post #3 of 175

she' also advertising that's she'll do wilton character cakes and has even lifted photos from wilton's site

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:14am
post #4 of 175

indydebi - which one is yours?!

I thought if there were other people, and several of us sent her an email, she might "get it"!

indydebi Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:21am
post #5 of 175

Mine is on page 3 .... the 2-tier white cake with blue and white flowers on the top, scrolls on the sides.

Scrappinstephy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scrappinstephy Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:27am
post #6 of 175

Hang on I think I found another

TanuvasaMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TanuvasaMama Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:30am
post #7 of 175

When you guys find one that is yours, can you post which one it is?

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:31am
post #8 of 175

The nerve of some people! DO you think she has done any of those cakes? I doubt it. Notice the different styles of photography in the pictures. She didn't even bother to photshop them! I feel like sending her an email as well.... I am pretty sure that I have recognized a couple of others on there too.

Scrappinstephy Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:31am
post #9 of 175

There is a pink and brown cake on there that is in my fav photos uploaded by tutugirl. Unless thats the owner of the website, which I dont think so, that pic was stolen too. I just happen to recognize it as one of my favorites.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:32am
post #10 of 175

I found one as well that belongs to someone here.. WendyVa.. her's is the lovely square 3 tier with orchids on the 3rd page... I did message her.

TanuvasaMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TanuvasaMama Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:32am
post #11 of 175

I thought that it was interesting that under the name of her company is the word "original"...

indydebi Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:35am
post #12 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanuvasaMama

When you guys find one that is yours, can you post which one it is?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=113253

Here's my (CC) link to my cake. It's on her page 3, middle column, 3rd cake down.

My email went out a few minutes ago.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:37am
post #13 of 175

Ahhhhh, my cakes never get stolen. icon_cry.gif
cakesbyallison, your cake is on there like 3 or 4 times! How tacky. The cakes on there are just incredible-I guess she just isn't talented enough to make her own.
I loved the part that said "more photos coming soon"-I guess she has to surf the web to find more to steal. icon_lol.gif

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:40am
post #14 of 175

Do these people not read the forums here??? HELLOOOOOO - you will be caught by the cake police!!!!! icon_cool.gif

She didn't even bother to blur out someone elses kitchen table in the photo!!!!! thumbsdown.gif

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:41am
post #15 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I loved the part that said "more photos coming soon"-I guess she has to surf the web to find more to steal. icon_lol.gif

That's what I thought too haha. Did you notice she also has a link to the top wedding site member. Well I went there and didn't find her website listed anywhere. Think she stole that as well??

indydebi Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:46am
post #16 of 175

mmstormont's Lego cake is on page 2. I've PM'd mmstormont to let her know. Here is the (CC link to the) Lego cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=173043

ChristieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristieC Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:47am
post #17 of 175

I think everyone on here ought to email them weither or not thier cake is on her website. See if they get the hint when several thousand angry bakers blow up thier inbox. Can you report this sort of thing to the BBB? Maybe then they will put up thier own "original cake art" instead of taking credit for other's original art.

shelleylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelleylynn Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:48am
post #18 of 175

None of my cakes are on there. (Not that I would think so) But, that is just so wrong! Do you think It would be alright for me to send alittle message? Like, "how can you post other people cake pictures on your website and say that they are yours? Just wondering?" Or should I just stay out of this? But this is very upsetting to me for some reason.

What do you think?

Shelleylynn

EmmyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmmyD Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:52am
post #19 of 175

I found another one that was in my favorites that i love, it is the one for a 1 year old birthday with a smash cake right above cakes by allison and since the owner of that cake is in Florida, i dont think it is that companies. I am PMing her right now to let her know. The picture is by pinkbunny and is really cute.

*** edited to include the name of the cake central member***

WendyVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyVA Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:54am
post #20 of 175

She cropped out my watermark, so I guess I'll have to start putting it right in the middle of the cake again.

Thank you Bijoudelanuit for letting me know about this. I'm in the middle of an email now.

LorenzoRed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorenzoRed Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:54am
post #21 of 175

Indydebi,

Could mmstormont be the designer?? At the bottom of the home page it says Michele Stormont, Designer. It could ovbiously be a coincidence, I don't know mmstormont.....

Scrappinstephy Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:54am
post #22 of 175

I pm'd tutugirl, because she is also in a different state so I know it isnt her. This makes me angry and it doesnt even involve me!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:55am
post #23 of 175

I couldn't help it-I had to send her an email.

mommyof5kidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyof5kidz Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:57am
post #24 of 175

I just went and visited it...I found several there that I KNOW were not hers...I have "cake~lifted" some of them! I NEVER EVER would have considered posting a cake NOT done by my own hands though! I will do it my self and post THAT pic...definately not THE photo that I am "lifting" In my opinion...any cake can be copied...it is an honor to have your cake "cake~lifted"....it is NOT an honor to also have it "stolen" and someone claim stake to the look, quality and overall appeal of the cake if you did not do it. THAT is plagerism and a lie to your potential clients. The client will find that out soon enough though.

indydebi Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:58am
post #25 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoRed

Indydebi,

Could mmstormont be the designer?? At the bottom of the home page it says Michele Stormont, Designer. It could ovbiously be a coincidence, I don't know mmstormont.....

Oh darn I missed that. I deleted my PM. it had not been read yet.

shelleylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelleylynn Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:03am
post #26 of 175

After just reading Summernoelle's post I'm sending my email right know! I would feel so embarresed (for myself) saying somebody elses beautiful work was mine. The nerve!

Shelleylynn

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:03am
post #27 of 175

Does that mean that one of our very own Cake Central-ers is taking advantage of other CC'ers hardwork and passing it off as her own without asking permission of those who originally made the cakes?? Doesn't seem very nice or professional IMO if that's the case. *tsk tsk* thumbsdown.gif

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:05am
post #28 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Indydebi,

it looks like this is her biz website. when you email the site, it goes to [email protected].

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:07am
post #29 of 175

I see this note on her wedding cake info page
"Make sure you ask to see photographs of what a designer HAS done, not what they CAN do!" ha!!

indydebi Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:13am
post #30 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccakelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Indydebi,

it looks like this is her biz website. when you email the site, it goes to [email protected].

Clarification: I deleted the PM I sent to alert her the Lego cake was on there (before it was pointed out this is probably the original designer.) My email requesting my photo be pulled was sent to the biz email shown above.

She only has 9 photos listed on CC and the only one that shows up on her website is the Lego cake. Her work is not bad .... she doesn't have to "borrow" other people's work to make her site look good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%