Americolor?

Decorating By Ballymena Updated 25 Oct 2013 , 3:15pm by cake987

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 14

I have never used or seen Americolor, I don't know if anyone here in Canada handles it or not. Many of you rave about it so I want to know why and how it compares to the Wilton colors. I am on Vancouver Island but I do go to Vancouver sometimes, does anyone know if it's available here? icon_confused.gif

13 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 14

They are fabulous. No bleeding, the colors are great. I love them !!!

You can not go wrong. Did you see if Cake central ships to Canada?

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 14

One of the things I love about Americolor is the squeeze bottles.....I don't have a sink full of toothpicks trying to get color out of the wilton bottles!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 14

LOVE Americolor! You use less to get great color and yeah, the whole fact that you do not have to use toothpicks is great!

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 12:14am
post #5 of 14

Americolor is great! Really red reds and really black blacks! Check to see if CC ships to Canada. The banner at the top of the website says we ship worldwide.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 12:20am
post #6 of 14

You bet we ship to Canada, we have a bunch of regular Canadian customers.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 12:23am
post #7 of 14

I have heard some complaints on CC that Americolor isn't a brilliant as Wilton, but I like being able to measure color by drop so I can duplicate frosting colors if needed!

Stephanie

sugarnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarnut Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 12:34am
post #8 of 14

I love that americolor isn't as messy as the toothpicks and that it has such great colors, but sometimes my Wilton ones are nice becuase I can get just the right amount for little coloring jobs. I often squeeze too much out of the americolor bottles. But I do love them. Their black and red are MUCH easier to get than with Wilton colors!

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:57pm
post #9 of 14

It's nice to have both...

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 7:04pm
post #10 of 14

Sometimes the Wilton colors separate on me. If I got back to a clear pastry bag that had say pink bc in it, the next day there is light pink and dark pink areas. Also when I use it to color royal icing. The color separates. I'm sure I am mixing them together well enough in the beginning too.

Also, I just used Americolor red red for my magic bunny cake, and it came out RED, imagine that. Without that nasty bitter taste that usually comes from using red dyes too. I'm hooked on Americolor!

cheffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheffie Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 7:29pm
post #11 of 14

I ordered a few bottles of Americolor and tried them. Unless they do not have a color that I need as soon as I use up all my Wilton colors(which will take a long time as I have a ton) I will never use anything but Americolor. I like the color and the squeeze bottle. Cheffie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 7:54pm
post #12 of 14

Thanks everyone. Now to any Canadian that has purchased from CC. Can you give me an example of what the breakdown of costs and shipping, etc. were on the items you ordered? I know the dollar moves around but was wondering what my final cost would be.

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 9:30pm
post #13 of 14

I really love the Americolors . In my experience with them I never have to use a lot. Even the super red and black I will not use as much as the other brand. HTH icon_smile.gif

cake987 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake987 Posted 25 Oct 2013 , 3:15pm
post #14 of 14

I love Americolor too. I find TCDC a better website as they always do there best to get you cheap shipping I use this online shop:

http://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/catalog/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%