Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 2:04am
post #91 of 881

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAA...I called my SIL and asked if they (she lives in San Antonio) had this special running and they did. The closest Lowes to me is about 3 hrs away, so I called them up and asked if they were running this ad. The nice man I spoke to said he wasnt sure, but he looked it up on the computer and lowe (no pun intended) and behold, the sale price was there!! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

He put me on hold and called his GM. The story is...the sale price should have only read 250.00 since the reg price is 299.00. Because they, the company, made a glitch and the ads were printed and the prices were downloaded into the stores computer, they have to honor the price as listed!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I ordered the Komen Pink (a portion of my cost goes to the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation)

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 2:45am
post #92 of 881

A couple other colors I remember seeing on the computer screen while the gentleman was looking up mine were: red, apple green and ice blue

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:30pm
post #93 of 881

Does anyone know for sure how long the sale is going on?

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:39pm
post #94 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavacakes

Does anyone know for sure how long the sale is going on?

i think the flyer said until july 26

flavacakes Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:59pm
post #95 of 881

Oh good! Thanks. icon_wink.gif

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:03pm
post #96 of 881

My husband surprised me today by ordering me one!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif I told him about this thread Friday night when I read it and we both agreed that this would be the only time we could get it at this price. He knows I've been wanting one for a while, but we usually don't have the money. He asked me last night what color I wanted and I said green. When he got off work at 9:30 this morning, he went to Lowe's, then called me to make sure he got the right green. I told him get the Pistachio. I gave him a big hug when he got home! It should be here in 7-10 days. He also said they didn't give him any trouble with the price. I can't wait to get it!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:18pm
post #97 of 881

Well I just talked to Lowes about the KA mixer, and they said that they are refurbished and they have one left. White for 159.00. The salesmen acted like he didn't know about the sale. Do you think they just want to sell used or as he said returned mixers now since there was a computer glitch? Maybe I'll call back and speak to a different person.

steplite Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:19pm
post #98 of 881

Well I just talked to Lowes about the KA mixer, and they said that they are refurbished and they have one left. White for 159.00. The salesmen acted like he didn't know about the sale. Do you think they just want to sell used or as he said returned mixers now since there was a computer glitch? Maybe I'll call back and speak to a different person.

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:24pm
post #99 of 881

No these are not refurbished. If they are trying to sell you a refurbished get a manager! Also check the part number if it say RF in front of it then it truley is a refurb if it's not there though it's a new one!

flavacakes Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:25pm
post #100 of 881

You don't think they are all refurbished do you??? Maybe that's why we had to "special order" it! I'm freaking out now. icon_cry.gif

steplite Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:27pm
post #101 of 881

Thanks Sunflower08. I'm going to call back and speak to another sales person.

nelja5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelja5 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:30pm
post #102 of 881

I don't think it will be refurbished, there were no saying on the flyer that it will be refurbish. Just check for the part number when you get it. I am sure checking mine and if it has a rf on the part number you bet I am not leaving the store until I get a new one.

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:32pm
post #103 of 881

No Problem! The only reason I know about the refurbished part number is I just bought one.. but it's going back cause I just ordered my new one last night at lowes!

steplite Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:50pm
post #104 of 881

I'm on my way to Lowes. I talked to another salemen and he said I had to come into the store. I was trying to order over the phone. I'll let you know what happens.

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:38pm
post #105 of 881

My DH dug through the recyclable bin for the flyer for me. Off to order today after work! Great timing, my old mixer is acting up, needs a check-up! Thanks for posting, ladies.

steplite Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 10:09pm
post #106 of 881

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!! I just left Lowes and bought the mixer right out of the store. Didn't have to order it. I got the Red one. I didn't care what color it was. They had one left ,the crome one. Lucky for me, the salesperson had sold one yesterday and had to go through all the trouble of going through the computer to find out why it was ringing up for 150.00. I'm so excited, Can't wait try it. I love this site!!

JessCav Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessCav Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:05pm
post #107 of 881

Thanks SweetieD for the info! I ordered 3 last night in the Caviar color for myself, mom and sister. I was able to do it right over the phone at my local Lowes with no questions asked. They actually had to call me back because there were 3 people ahead of me on hold waiting to place orders! I really appreciate you sharing that info. I just starting to get into cake making and have been dying to get a KitchenAid! This website was recommended to me by my Wilton course teacher and I love it! I've learned so much just by checking out the forum and pictures - you guys are great and all of your work is beautiful.

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:12pm
post #108 of 881

I tried changing the color on my order but, they r saying that now I have to cancel my orig order and then place another one and the guy from appliances is like barely wanting to speak on the phone so, I think I'll just stick with my orig blue willow. But, I REALLYYYYY wanted the pink one! icon_cry.gif lol

chele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chele Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:36pm
post #109 of 881

I got mine last night too!!!! I got the black onyx right out of the store.. What a deal.. I am so excited, now I have 2. I bet lowes is selling these like hotcake just beacuase of Cake Central. Thanks Lowes for your mistake. icon_smile.gif

imnamor95 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:40pm
post #110 of 881

yippeeee!!! I was able to do it!! So, now I am gettting my pink one!!!!!!!!!!!! I figured, it is prob the only one I will ever own so, it might as well be the color that I really wanted, lol. Thk u all sooooooo much for all ur help on this topic!! thumbs_up.gif

flavacakes Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 7:56pm
post #111 of 881

icon_redface.gif I'm really embarrassed to ask this but how do you pronounce "Artisan"? I was telling my cousin about this sale and she pronounced it differently than I do so I thought I'd ask you guys! I REALLY hope you all don't think I'm super stupid! icon_redface.gif

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 9:52pm
post #112 of 881

Flavacakes, the way I say it is "art-eh-san" (san-kind of like your going to say "sand" without the "d") Artisan. That's how I've always pronounced it. Congratulations to everyone on getting a GREAT deal with the KA mixer!! I sure can't wait to get mine!! thumbs_up.gif

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 11:16pm
post #113 of 881

Thanks so much for posting this- I just got home from ordering mine- in PINK!- for a grand total of $162! I'm so excited icon_smile.gif It wasn't in the ad at the store- believe me I looked very carefully, but when I asked in the appliance section they knew exactly what I was hoping to find and were so helpful and friendly icon_smile.gif
Thanks again icon_smile.gif

malika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malika Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 11:35pm
post #114 of 881

I went and they didn't have the Grape color in stock, nor the Dark Plum. I settle for the Metallic Chrome, but they wouldn't let me walk out with one, I had to special order even though they had that color in stock. Now I'm wanting another color. Can they change it over the phone?

flavacakes Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 11:57pm
post #115 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie2500

Flavacakes, the way I say it is "art-eh-san" (san-kind of like your going to say "sand" without the "d") Artisan. That's how I've always pronounced it. Congratulations to everyone on getting a GREAT deal with the KA mixer!! I sure can't wait to get mine!! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks Cassie! thumbs_up.gif

imnamor95 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:45am
post #116 of 881

u'll have to either go back to the store and cancel ur orig order and place a new one, or else call on the phone and do the same thing over the phone. I just went thru that. HTH! icon_wink.gif

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:23am
post #117 of 881

Pink mixer owners, just FYI: (from the KitchenAid websiteicon_smile.gif

Consumers must register each pink product purchased at cookforthecure.com to generate a donation.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Stand+Mixers&cat=310&prod=486

malika Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:49am
post #118 of 881

I couldn't cancel over the phone, I had to go. I still haven't decided which color I want; they don't have the colors I like so I'm thinking about it. They said I can order over the phone, so that's a relief--it'll save me a trip.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:14am
post #119 of 881

Malika, you mentioned earlier you wanted Grape or Dark Plum. I read on another message board that one person was able to special order the Dark Plum and that the Grape color has been discontinued by Kitchenaid. There is also a new color Boysenberry that is in the same color family.

See the post by Newfie2000 about it in the middle of this page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1514677&page=6

malika Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:36am
post #120 of 881

Thanks Miriel!
It seems like she had to put up a fight. I wonder if they'd do the same at my store. I'm also gonna find out if I can get the brushed nickel one, but dark plum is my first choice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%