Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

misssue23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misssue23 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:04pm
post #721 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by caixa

My DH ordered mine the 25th and I got the call yesterday. I'm sooo happy !!! He got the methalic crome one in order to get th $30 rebate but the item number on the receipt does not match the number on the rebate that I printed out online. Has anyone come across this too?

Only the in stock Metallic Chromes were eligible for the rebate, not the special order ones. If it was eligible, the rebate would have printed with the receipt.

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:40pm
post #722 of 881

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE LOWES..I REFUSE TO DO ANYMORE "SPECIAL ORDERING" FROM THESE IDIOTS...THEY ARE TELLING ME NOW THAT THERE WAS APPARENTLY A MISTAKE ON THE ORDERS AND THAT THERE WAS A RECALL ON THOSE MIXERS BECAUSE SOMETHING WAS WRONG W/THEM...I HAD A FEELING THIS WOULD HAPPEN WHEN I SAW THE MIXERS FOR 150 DOLLARS...I HAD SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST THAT I WONDER IF THIS IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS....

oops just realized i was hollaring..lol..sorry ..anyway, i spoke w/the asst manager who said that the mixer was on backorder indefinitely previously and he said he would call me back because he was in an interview but he was going to look on the shelf and see if he has anything available...i think they are getting tired of me bugging them..lol..i told him i would come up there when i got off work this evening ..he said ok..so maybe ill get a friggin mixer off the shelf..i still refuse to ever do "special ordering" with them again..no matter how good the price..

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:59pm
post #723 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieinalaska

ARGHHH! I got my kitchenaid today like I said. I used it tonight and it makes a horrible noise. Plus the top part actually moves side to side when it's mixing a little. It even did it with just cake batter but was much more pronounced with icing.

: (

Ok so now more and more of these are jacked up! I'm really starting to believe we were "ganked" < my hubby's word. Do you all think that because we "special" ordered them, Kitchenaid sent us the runts of the litter? Grrrrr!!! I hate to be mad because in a small way I was feeling guilty for taking advantage of a sale due to a misprint but....NOW I DON'T!

Where's my mixer!?!?!?!?!? I'm telling you that if my next one comes in messed up, I'm gonna turn into a fire breathing dragon.

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 7:10pm
post #724 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxe42

Quote:

ARGHHH! I got my kitchenaid today like I said. I used it tonight and it makes a horrible noise. Plus the top part actually moves side to side when it's mixing a little. It even did it with just cake batter but was much more pronounced with icing.

Ok so now more and more of these are jacked up! I'm really starting to believe we were "ganked" < my hubby's word. Do you all think that because we "special" ordered them, Kitchenaid sent us the runts of the litter? Grrrrr!!! I hate to be mad because in a small way I was feeling guilty for taking advantage of a sale due to a misprint but....NOW I DON'T!

Where's my mixer!?!?!?!?!? I'm telling you that if my next one comes in messed up, I'm gonna turn into a fire breathing dragon.

I am going to call the state representative next week and talk to him and let him know exactly what lowes has pulled...i think we all need to call them and let them know that lowes has pulled this and i bet they wont be happy and they will go and do some investigating..

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 7:34pm
post #725 of 881

OK, here is my story. On 7/12th my Sunbeam mixer (4 years old) died, just as I finished my last batch of icing. (swhew!) I took advantage of the price match at BBB on 7/19th along with the 20% off coupon and ordered the "Pistaschio". Then I started thinking that the Lowe's deal on the Metallic Series was too good to pass-up, so the following week I went to Lowe's and ordered the "Copper".

This past Monday, 7/30th, "Tassy" arrived at my front door......with a TWIN. Yes a twin, they sent me two Pistaschio's. I checked my credit card and they only charged me for one. Being a good dooby (Christian), I called BBB and they arranged for UPS to pick up the extra one.

Now I am catching up on everyone else's news and I think I'll just wait to hear from Lowe's. I'm trying not to be greedy. And in the meantime, Tassy and I are going to start our new relationship this weekend.

I wish this good luck to all!

Sionann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sionann Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 8:02pm
post #726 of 881

Should have seen this coming like a freight train. The "special order" is a ploy to substitute a smaller, cheaper Kitchen Aide mixer for the Artisan.....even if it says Artisan. If I had known and been able to take advantage of this offer I would not have left the store without one even if I had to buy the display model that was hot pink and white tiger stripes...lol (wouldn't that be attractive). But it was a misprint so maybe it's karma.

candice1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candice1988 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 9:55pm
post #727 of 881

Whew...Im glad I got mine from Sears. This sucks for you guys though icon_sad.gif

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 10:12pm
post #728 of 881

omg I'm so sorry that this happened to yall. Will never shop at lowes again.

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 10:40pm
post #729 of 881

well, my DH told me to go ahead and order one. he said it would be under the tree come dec. i guess i should hold off? what's everyone's opinion? i'm reading some pretty scary stuff on this thread about it!!!! icon_sad.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 10:50pm
post #730 of 881

well i just got home from lowes...the manager that i spoke w/previously that told me the mixers were on backorder indefintely checked and he had a metallic chrome in stock but it had been brought back by somebody else and i wasnt going to get that one...so he is going to another store on mon or tues to pick up one from their stock...maybe, just maybe, ill get a metallic chrome one and i hope to God it is in excellent condition...

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 11:12pm
post #731 of 881

I finally called Lowes today and the associate checked 2x and said there was no backorder. She said it was ordered and should make it's appearance around the 8th.

I am not sure I buy that they would have all of us order the Artisan and then give us a smaller version. Maybe they found that having the attachments a bit smaller mixes better. It is a PAIN to scrape sides. Is the different sound b/c it is new?

I am just hoping for the best and trying to believe a MAJOR set of corporations KNOWN for their service would and could pull one over on so many people. But I might be naive. Remember the Mary Tyler Moore Show, I can be Ted's wife--now what was her name? lol

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 11:13pm
post #732 of 881

Why do you think its a smaller cheaper mixer? Mine isn't smaller at all.

The guy from Lowes called me out of the blue this morning to make sure I had gotten my reciept ( he has been very helpful) and I told him about the problem with my mixer. I am taking it back tomorrow and talking only to him. He said no problem but I would have to special order it.

sigh...but at least I might get one that doesn't wobble. My hubby thought it worked fine but he never notices stuff. It makes a grating noise for pete's sake and wobbles worse than a drunk after happy hour.

I really think it's just a fluke...not that Lowes was trying to rip people off. I just got a bad mixer or it was damaged coming all the way up here to Alaska.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 11:48pm
post #733 of 881

So is it just gorgeous in Alaska? This TX heat makes me want to pack up and move there. When I was in college, I was going to teach up there when I got out. I chickened out after people thought I was NUTS!!!

hmarie_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmarie_73 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:22am
post #734 of 881
Quote:

sigh...but at least I might get one that doesn't wobble. My hubby thought it worked fine but he never notices stuff. It makes a grating noise for pete's sake and wobbles worse than a drunk after happy hour.

OMG LOL...that was good...I'm picking mine up tomorrow...I was supposed to get it earlier this week, but couldn't get out there to get it!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 1:27am
post #735 of 881

I refuse to believe for one second that it was ever a misprint! I can't tell you how many stores I have been in that has the advertised flier posted on the front door stating what the misprints for the week were.

I believe if Lowes didn't want to sell them for this......they wouldn't have.

Somebody better get me my mixer and now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:19am
post #736 of 881

I called Lowes today to see if there was any word on my mixer since I had not heard from them and I ordered it on the 18th or 19th....They said it was actually ordered ( on their end) on the 23rd and they didn't have any word on it yet. So I am leaving on vacation and my poor "Nicki" may be sitting at Lowes all by herself for a few weeks untiil I get back. Hope to heck mine is not on back order since it is already paid for....that kinds sucks...

ibteana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibteana Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:47am
post #737 of 881

Well...I recieved all of my mixers except the Metallic Ones Chrome and Brushed Nickle yesterday. They are all on B/O. I think it is kinda funny how now all of a sudden the mixers are back on the Lowes web page! The Tangerine and Pistasho Mixers are adorable!!!!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:09am
post #738 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxe42

Quote:

I am going to call the state representative next week and talk to him and let him know exactly what lowes has pulled...i think we all need to call them and let them know that lowes has pulled this and i bet they wont be happy and they will go and do some investigating..

My God, get a grip. KA has EXCELLENT customer service and EXCELLENT appliances. They do NOT intentionally sell defective mixers just to get rid of them. This is one of the most ludicrous, paranoid things I've ever read. No wonder the manager is willing to drive to another Lowe's to pick up a mixer for you.

SPECIAL ORDER means ordering a product that they do not have in-store. Have you never ordered an applicance before and had to wait for it to be delivered from the warehouse? That is also a SPECIAL ORDER. Lowe's sells all 30 colors of mixers - it would be stupid for them to keep them all in stock in their stores. Do you know how much shelf space and storage space that would take?

If a mixer has a problem, contact KA. They have exceptional customer service and they stand by their products. There is no need for hysteria and conspiracy theories. That's just ridiculous.

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:21am
post #739 of 881

Amen!! If KA ever "pulled something" it could do irreparable damage to their company and their good name. Tain't gonna happen!! If you have problems with your mixer, just contact KA, and they will take care of you. Now go put those big spatulas down and count to ten!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:25am
post #740 of 881

Very well said Cakepro! thumbs_up.gif

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:34am
post #741 of 881

My husband didn't realize that Lowe's had told me the 8th, He was there the other night and checked to see if it was in. They looked it up and said it would be there the 8th, nothing about backorder. I ordered the chrome.Also when I ordered the mixer, the model # was different then what I copied from here. The man double checked, but I was still paranoid that I had ordered the wrong one. I went to the KA website and put in the model number and there was my mixer. The model number is on your receipt. If you think it is different, check your receipt against your box.

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:34am
post #742 of 881

does anyone know if it's too late to special order?

jen9936 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen9936 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:54am
post #743 of 881

You go, Cakepro!!

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 1:55pm
post #744 of 881

i wasnt complaining about KA..KA is not the problem...its the lowes managers down here that have been trying to jank me around since this whole thing started..i know what SO means...i used to work retail and we used to have to SO things but if its going to be SO then they need to make sure the product is going to be in at the time specified and that the parts are not defective that are on the product before they agree to sell the item.

I went into lowes yesterday and spoke w/the manager that told me that the product was on backorder indefinitely...i was willing to order another color when i went in yesterday....the manager is the one that said he would go to another store to get one for me...think i am going to pass that up? not a chance..and neither would anybody else...

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:08pm
post #745 of 881
Quote:

i wasnt complaining about KA..KA is not the problem...its the lowes managers down here that have been trying to jank me around since this whole thing started..i know what SO means...i used to work retail and we used to have to SO things but if its going to be SO then they need to make sure the product is going to be in at the time specified and that the parts are not defective that are on the product before they agree to sell the item.

I went into lowes yesterday and spoke w/the manager that told me that the product was on backorder indefinitely...i was willing to order another color when i went in yesterday....the manager is the one that said he would go to another store to get one for me...think i am going to pass that up? not a chance..and neither would anybody else...

Lowe's putting the KA Artisans - and ESPECIALLY including the Custom Metallics - on sale (or honoring a price mistake, or whatever) was unprecedented. KitchenAid's warehouse inventory has been wiped out. How could Lowe's have anticipated this? Should they have listed a finite number of Custom Metallics of however many KA had in stock and then declared the sale/price mistake over when that number was reached? Thankfully, they didn't! And thankfully, they haven't cancelled our orders!!

I think you should be really grateful that the manager is going to go get you one. I would bet that he wants you off his back, so congrats on scoring your mixer early. icon_confused.gif I'm just going to be happy the the two Custom Metallics I ordered aren't being cancelled and will patiently wait for them to arrive whenever it happens. I already have several KAs so waiting for this isn't throwing me into a tizzy.

Did anyone ever see that commercial (about UPS, I think) where this little-bitty 3-employee company put their website online, and they were jumping up and down with joy when the first 2, 4, 6 orders rolled in? Then they grew somber when 10, 20, 30 more rolled in, and then they looked absolutely shellshocked with 1000, 2000, 5000 rolled in, all within the first 30 seconds of them going online with their website? I bet that's what happened at the KitchenAid headquarters. LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:17pm
post #746 of 881

I have spoken w/KA last week and they told me that they do have them in their warehouse...lowes has their own warehouse and that is where these mixers are coming out of...not out of the KA warehouse..i hope you get yours but i do need mine and cant wait until nov or dec like alot of people..goodluck on getting your mixers

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:33pm
post #747 of 881
Quote:

I have spoken w/KA last week and they told me that they do have them in their warehouse...lowes has their own warehouse and that is where these mixers are coming out of...not out of the KA warehouse..i hope you get yours but i do need mine and cant wait until nov or dec like alot of people..goodluck on getting your mixers

Ok, what retail store did you work in? I worked in retail management for 8 yrs and to me it sounds like you don't really know what you are talking about. Of course Lowes has their own warehouse. KA has nothing to do with this. Lowes probably had a certain amount of mixers in their warehouse and ran out. They probably never anticipated so many orders so they need to get stocked back up. You definately need to calm down, let this go and be happy that you got such a great deal. It's not the store management's fault either so quit placing blame on them. I'm sure they are doing the best job they can and customers like you make their jobs hell. Give them a break....you have come this far without your KA right? I am sure you will last a few more months if necessary.....otherwise you will have to go out and pay full price for one. Good luck and happy baking. thumbs_up.gif

2060kenneth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2060kenneth Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:33pm
post #748 of 881

are the mixers still on sale at Lowes????? i couldn't find them on the web

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 4:55pm
post #749 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2060kenneth

are the mixers still on sale at Lowes????? i couldn't find them on the web

The sale ended on July 29. I've read about some people being successful by bringing the paper ad to the store having Lowe's price match their sales price (good for 30 days).

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 6:02pm
post #750 of 881

jenbenjr, the reason i said they came outta the lowes warehouse was because the manager told me yesterday to my face that they came directly from KA warehouse...not their warehouse...but yet KA told me that lowes has their own warehouse...and i used to work for sears

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%