Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:56pm
post #631 of 881

I am afraid of calling my Lowe's--they may have caller ID and let the phone ring and ring--I talked to 5 people yesterday after ordering it Wednesday--lol

I am going to try to forget it.

If mine is having a problem, they'd best let me choose another color and have some decent colors left!!!!!

Do they sell directly from KA or are there just a certain amount they are getting from their own warehouse?

btw Blue Bell Anniversary Cake Ice Cream is great when trying not to stress over the KA--licon_razz.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:59pm
post #632 of 881

let, you gotta quit puttin your foot in your mouth girl and let the good things roll to you.... quit gettin them alabama ants in your pants and jumpin the gun girl...... is this the same guy who lied to you in the beginning? If so, he is probably lying again and I would ensure I got his name and called corporate!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:59pm
post #633 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeatopia

Do they sell directly from KA or are there just a certain amount they are getting from their own warehouse?

I think they ship from KA. I got my toaster a few days ago and it had a handwritten "Lowe's" on one side in black Sharpie ink. It also had a Fedex sticker on it.

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:07pm
post #634 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

let, you gotta quit puttin your foot in your mouth girl and let the good things roll to you.... quit gettin them alabama ants in your pants and jumpin the gun girl...... is this the same guy who lied to you in the beginning? If so, he is probably lying again and I would ensure I got his name and called corporate!

i dunno if its the same guy or not..so what do i do now? he has probably already changed the order to get the cinnamon ...so do i try to see if it comes in or do i go ahead and let the cinnamon come in?

rsdd108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsdd108 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:09pm
post #635 of 881

I was told that when you place an order, it automatically gives a receive by date of two weeks from the date of order. Then, they call the manufacturere and get the exact shipment date. I ordered a Brushed Nickle on the 21st and was told a couple of days ago that it would arrive on the 4th.

SugarBakerz Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:23pm
post #636 of 881

let when I called I asked the appliance person this, if it was backordered or canceled how would I have known and he said we would have notified you... which means you would nor should have never HAD to call them other than to have asked when to expect them. I have 6 coming on the 3rd and 2 on the 6th.... remember I am doing the bakery thing though so I ordered a bunch of them, and 2 of them were for my family and friends.... all were the metallic series, nickle, chrome, and copper and none have been cancelled or back ordered..... I would call and ask what the problem is... give me the number I will him and find out whats going on for you, I will give him a good old suthern cup of shut the (*&^ up icon_smile.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:28pm
post #637 of 881
Quote:

let when I called I asked the appliance person this, if it was backordered or canceled how would I have known and he said we would have notified you... which means you would nor should have never HAD to call them other than to have asked when to expect them. I have 6 coming on the 3rd and 2 on the 6th.... remember I am doing the bakery thing though so I ordered a bunch of them, and 2 of them were for my family and friends.... all were the metallic series, nickle, chrome, and copper and none have been cancelled or back ordered..... I would call and ask what the problem is... give me the number I will him and find out whats going on for you, I will give him a good old suthern cup of shut the (*&^ up icon_smile.gif

Hey sugarbakerz, i just spoke w/the lowes.com customer service..they checked alabama for any that are available and the customer service said that none are available in alabama....lowes.com number is 800-445-6397....i wanted to check to see if he was lying to me about it...i had also called KA and they said that lowes would have the information and that these mixers are coming out of lowes warehouse and not from the KA manufacturer so they wouldnt have that info

SugarBakerz Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:44pm
post #638 of 881

well maybe mine were pulled before yours.. did you give them an order number or anything when you called?

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:48pm
post #639 of 881

no..just called and gave them zip code my zip code and a couple of others in alabama and they said none were available in alabama...call the lowes.com number and see what they tell you and let me know..

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 9:07pm
post #640 of 881

i called earlier to get ahold of the asst manager (Brian) that told me it was on backorder...i spoke w/another asst manager (Tommy) and told him to get Brian to call me. Tommy just called cause Brian is still out to lunch and he asked if he could help me. Tommy said he pulled up my order and said that Brian hasnt ordered the cinnamon yet so i told him just to leave it as it is w/the BN one...i told him that i will just see if maybe perhaps it might come in eventually and he said ok so they havent ordered it yet...

SugarBakerz Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 9:45pm
post #641 of 881

let, check your pm, I spoke with someone directly at lowe's.com and got a direct line in for you about the situation... let me know what she says

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:23pm
post #642 of 881

Woohoo! Lowe's just called, and I just picked up my new KA! How fun is that?

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:25pm
post #643 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

What kind of mixer did you get? an CONGRATULATIONS!!

cakeatopia Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:28pm
post #644 of 881

I am confused--does each state or region have a warehouse or just one warehouse? Would Alabama be pulling from the same warehouse as New Mexico for example?

And why didn't "Brian" do your order immediately? Wonder if he did not put your other order in when he should have.

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:31pm
post #645 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeatopia

I am confused--does each state or region have a warehouse or just one warehouse? Would Alabama be pulling from the same warehouse as New Mexico for example?

And why didn't "Brian" do your order immediately? Wonder if he did not put your other order in when he should have.

i am not for sure to be honest...i dunno what the heck is going on w/this store but they are screwy if he has lied to me..i hope that sucker comes in then imma call him and tell him i got my mixer that was on "backorder indefinitely" ..

CraftyBride Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraftyBride Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:41pm
post #646 of 881

All that backorder indefinitely means is that they don't have an estimated time of arrival... it could mean 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, etc... They just want to give you an answer that is vague enough that you can't really do much about if it were on backorder for say, 2 years.

CraftyBride Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraftyBride Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:45pm
post #647 of 881

Also, I got an email from my mom. She didn't say anything at all about the mixer, which was what the bulk of my email was about. icon_sad.gif I guess I won't be getting one after all icon_sad.gif It would have made making my birthday cake so much easier!

Well tomorrow is my birthday and I'll cry if I want to, right? icon_cry.gif

I suppose the good news is, with nothing but a whisk, my arms should get buff right? thumbs_up.gif

SugarBakerz Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:55pm
post #648 of 881

OK, lets all just calm down.... our good fortune must not have been in for no reason! Everyone just report your good deals... lets not worry just yet!

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:59pm
post #649 of 881
Quote:

OK, lets all just calm down.... our good fortune must not have been in for no reason! Everyone just report your good deals... lets not worry just yet!

LOL ok ok..imma calm down and try to think this is coming to me...but i got this other mixer that i paid over 200 for at walmart back last month and i gotta get this sucker back to them so i can get my money back for this other one..lol but ill be w/o a mixer if i take it back now..if i dont take it back soon i wont be able to get my over 200 back on icon_cry.gif

colleenski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colleenski Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:06pm
post #650 of 881

I just came back from there. Spoke with the store manager and bought the last in stock one. Only problem was when I got home and opened it, someone must have bought it and returned it - it had cake batter on the shaft. I called the store and they pulled the display unit.

Thanks for the heads up!!! I have been wanting a KA mixer for 10+ years now but my ancient Sunbeam is still working and the thought of kicking over $300 was just not happening.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:44pm
post #651 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

What kind of mixer did you get? an CONGRATULATIONS!!

I got the 5 qt, lime green.

Sounds like you guys are having lots and lots of problems with the stores around you. When I ordered mine, it totally sent them all into a tizzy. They had no idea what was going on, but just special ordered it.

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 12:39am
post #652 of 881

They guy at our store was aware of the problem and not in a tizzy. He was a pleasure to deal with and said he would call me back in a few days with the shipping info (going to alaska is different they wait till they get a truck load to come up) and mail me my reciept. He was very nice. : )

mhooper12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhooper12000 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:10am
post #653 of 881

Ok, my KA is on backorder until August 30th. I hope it comes in. I have got to call the people I got one for and let them know. I'll be ok as long as it does come in. I hope everyone else is happy with their's icon_biggrin.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:16am
post #654 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhooper12000

Ok, my KA is on backorder until August 30th. I hope it comes in. I have got to call the people I got one for and let them know. I'll be ok as long as it does come in. I hope everyone else is happy with their's icon_biggrin.gif

what kind do you have that is on backorder?

Im ready to cry now..my blender just went out like 5 minutes ago...dangit i could have gotten another blender from lowes icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

mhooper12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhooper12000 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:54am
post #655 of 881

I got the satin copper mixer for myself, brushed nickel for my best friend, and black for her mom. I think that all 3 are on backorder.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 4:27am
post #656 of 881

I'm not listening, I'm not listening!

Thinking happy thoughts, Thinking happy thoughts!

STOP telling me the brushed nickel ones are backordered. I won't even call to check yet. lol

I'm sure "Nicolette" is safely on her way home! (I hope so! icon_cry.gif )

cakeatopia Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:27pm
post #657 of 881

MessyBaker--

I am doing the same thing you are. "llalalalalalalalalalalalalala I can't hear you"

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:41pm
post #658 of 881

So, is the sale over now? I really wanted to get one, but didn't have the money. icon_sad.gif

cakeatopia Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:58pm
post #659 of 881

someone posted that it is actually till the 29th. Maybe run by your lowe's and ck with the appliances--they could look the prices up on the computer. And see if anything is coming up as backordered.

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:33pm
post #660 of 881

I know this may be a stupid question, but you have to pay when you special order it, right? Or do you wait till it comes in?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%