Recipe For Crusting Chocolate Buttercream?

Decorating By saltystella Updated 13 Jul 2007 , 9:23pm by SILVERCAT

saltystella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saltystella Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 5

I need a crusting chocolate buttercream recipe all you fellow CC'ers! Help!

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 5

if you search in the recipe section using chocolate and frostings in your search criteria, there are several popular recipes.

here is one that specifically states is crusting

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2281-15-Chocolate-Decorators-Buttercream.html

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 5

I just add 3/4 cup of cocoa powder to my regular BC recipe. I recommend getting a good brand of cocoa - I didn't get gourmet or anything like that but I did get a nice german cocoa at my local grocery store. Hope that helps...... thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 5

I have added cocoa powered or melted chocolate to my crusting buttercream icing. Sometimes you will have to add more liquid as the chocolate will make a drier icing.

I have added 4 to 8oz Baker's Chocolate squares, a bag of chocolate chips or a bag of candy melts. How much you add depends on how chocolately you want the icing to be. icon_smile.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 5

I have used the chocolate syrup recipe on here, it is great! Smoothes out great, and pipes wonderfully too! THe only thing I can say is that you need to put this one in the fridge for the crusting and it melts in the heat too. SO becareful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%