I Need To Make Fur

Decorating By gabesgourmet Updated 13 Jul 2007 , 6:07pm by gabesgourmet

gabesgourmet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabesgourmet Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make realistic fur any ideas? The grass tip will work but I'm looking for a little more realistice looking (I am making a mounted boar's head (gross I know) and I need to make the tufted fur. It's already sculpted and covered in brown/tan fondant. Now I need to finish it. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

2 replies
brittanydear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brittanydear Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 3

I saw this on a show, where they took melted chocolate (off the heat) and very slowly added water a little at a time while stirring. It got a kind of fluffy, grainy texture that sort of reminded me of coarse animal fur in a way. It also seemed to tuft well. You could also Not sure if it would work, but it is one idea.
I also think that tan buttercream or royal put on with an icing spatula roughly and swirled would give a good texture. You could then paint it with petal dust and/or or finely ground (in a food processer) brown sugar for color and texture accents. This cake is going to be wild looking! Be sure and post it.

gabesgourmet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabesgourmet Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 3

I will definitely post it...as long as it doesn't turn out hideous!! icon_smile.gif Wish me luck, it's due at 5:30...Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%